automatic ve tuner fueltrim.exe for $da2.xdf

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

dizwiz24

automatic ve tuner fueltrim.exe for $da2.xdf

Post by dizwiz24 »

Hi, im getting to use the file fueltrim.exe, that wad once supplied to me by someone on here.

This file allows you to input a bunch of rpm, map, and blm numbers to then output a series of correction factors.

I ran this program, based off of data from a 1.5 hour interstate drive. There were some hills, but mostly flat highway.

The data output had all map ranges covered at 1500 to 1700 rpm which is prob where I spent most time driving.other rpms had data at a given map, but not for all map values.

The output data indicated that ve should be reduced by up to 35% for some rpm/map ranges (low rpm, low map).

Is this program still up to date? Any tips on using it?
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

i quit using it a while ago, after i figured out that it didn't attempt to use the next closest cell, similar to the interpolation routine of a GM ECM, instead it uses the concept of "everything UP TO, but not including the next interval, goes in this cell".

now, the TP histograms do a MUCH better job.
dizwiz24

Post by dizwiz24 »

robertisaar,

What is the procedure for using tunerpro histograms to calculate/apply VE correction factors?

Id love to know how to do it.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

know how to make a histogram?

and we'll also be creating some values based off of the BLM and INT that will make VE changes easier to calculate.
dizwiz24

Post by dizwiz24 »

yes, I can make a histogram. I can plot just about anything in excel.

do we have to use the datalogging feature on tunerpro to get this data?

I think I had some issues with this feature, on tunerpro, awhile back.

Ive been using datalogging from TTS datamaster, and using tunerpro to make changes to my moates ostrich.

$DA2 supercharged 93 vette.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

i've never used datamaster, so i can't speak for it.
dizwiz24

Post by dizwiz24 »

Ill try to get the datalogging feature to work on tunerpro. Ill let you know when I generate some data, id lov e to get these dialed in perfect.