OBDII

Submit feature suggestions for future versions of TunerPro here.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

EagleMark

OBDII

Post by EagleMark »

Is there any plans for OBDII for TunerPro?
1990 Chevy Suburban
1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1.
1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 TBI

GearHead-EFI.com EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners!
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

Mark has written a plug-in to read all of the generic PIDs using ELM327 hardware, though i have yet to use it myself.

after that, if you can work out the commands to do so, you could manage to get the PCM to "spill it's guts" and dump it's BIN through the DLC. and with some more finesse, you could get it to accept data back through the DLC and flash it to the EEPROM on-board.

tough work though, that's why there are very few if any software packages out there that have this capability and don't charge rather large amounts of money for it....

Tunercat used to have a program that did this, was fairly cheap too IIRC, although i'm not sure if it's offered any longer.
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

TunerCat sold it to Jet Dynamic Spectrum. But kept doing updates for old users and it is still available if you buy a Road Runner through Moates. New defs are still coming out. TunerCat just made a new cable. Seems funny they put so much work into a product they no longer sell, maybe the deal with Jet is going to expire...

Monadax was the data logger for TunerCats OBDII but they stopped selling couple years ago. Now their website and forums are gone. Had a lot of good TunerCat info and bin files there.
1990 Chevy Suburban
1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1.
1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 TBI

GearHead-EFI.com EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners!