IO.SYS Error

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

mmd8x28

IO.SYS Error

Post by mmd8x28 »

When loading TunerPro 5 Beta since updating from the previous beta build, I get this error and can't log..

IO.DLL
Unable to start the IO.SYS service. Error code = 1275
mmd8x28

Post by mmd8x28 »

Help would be great. This is the ONLY TunerPro that worked on my car as my $EE PCM is not capable of being read on version 4.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Are you sure this is V5? This is indicative of an old problem related to Prominator support, but I pulled out Prominator support in the latest builds.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
mmd8x28

Post by mmd8x28 »

Yes I am sure.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/ ... /error.png

I was using a previous TunerPro 5 build, I can't remember it's version number but the setup is from 2009 and it's 3.59MB (the installer), and when I upgraded to the newer build, this showed up.

But since the newer build also and the error, it won't even datalog with my car, using a USB to OBD adapter (FTDI chip I think).
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

This definitely suggests a driver issue. In V4, this was a driver issue for the prominator. That functionality has been completely removed. Perhaps this is an issue with your adapter? Have gone to the ftdi website (ftdichip.com) and downloaded and installed the latest driver (if you're sure that it's FTDI based)?
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
mmd8x28

Post by mmd8x28 »

Mangus wrote:This definitely suggests a driver issue. In V4, this was a driver issue for the prominator. That functionality has been completely removed. Perhaps this is an issue with your adapter? Have gone to the ftdi website (ftdichip.com) and downloaded and installed the latest driver (if you're sure that it's FTDI based)?
I've tried everything, including FTDI's driver, Microsofts driver, the driver that came with the adapter, nothing works.

The cable and all drivers work on other things like Freescan and Datamaster no problem. Just the latest build of TunerPro 5. I may have to go back a version if it lets me.

EDIT: It also shows this error with NO cable even attached, whereas all other TunerPros wouldn't care if a cable wasn't attached, just no logging.
uknomeprk

Post by uknomeprk »

I had the io.sys error pop up also after a upgrade in vista 64bit. I fixed the error by doing this.

1. Uninstalling tunerpro from control panel>programs and features.
2. Reinstalled Tunerpro 5

I replicated the io.sys error by installing installing Tunerpro RT 413 then installing TunerPro 5 without uninstalling 4.13 first.
hoursetraitor

Post by hoursetraitor »

uknomeprk wrote:I had the io.sys error pop up also after a upgrade in vista 64bit. I fixed the error by doing this.

1. Uninstalling tunerpro from control panel>programs and features.
2. Reinstalled Tunerpro 5

I replicated the io.sys error by installing installing Tunerpro RT 413 then installing TunerPro 5 without uninstalling 4.13 first.
im going to try this i have the same problem as the op and same kinda pcm $ee and had tp v4
ollopa

Post by ollopa »

Had this happen after upgrading today. I think it's only necessary to remove io.dll from the TunerPro installation directory. The software appears to try to load all the DLLs it finds there and this old one isn't removed during an upgrade install.