Glitchy Datalogging

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

mmd8x28

Glitchy Datalogging

Post by mmd8x28 »

Fresh install of Datamaster.. I tried reinstalling twice, and it's the same result..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5bouPKyr24

It used to work fine before I had to reinstall my laptop.. Using same drivers, same cable, same PCM, same car, same laptop, nothing has really changed except a different version of TunerPro (as I don't usually update it, and I just installed this a couple days ago).

TTS Datamaster does NOT exhibit from this glitch. Nor does Cats WinFlash have a problem flashing my PCM, inferring a bad communications link.. Only TunerPro.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

you need to add a slight delay in your monitor macro. somewhere in the area of 20-25 mS works for most people.
mmd8x28

Post by mmd8x28 »

robertisaar wrote:you need to add a slight delay in your monitor macro. somewhere in the area of 20-25 mS works for most people.
How do I do this? In the area that the COM settings can be set, it doesn't give much except select a port and if it's sharing an emulator (which it's not), that's all.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

that's due to it being adjusted in the ADX.

which mask is this?
mmd8x28

Post by mmd8x28 »

robertisaar wrote:that's due to it being adjusted in the ADX.

which mask is this?
It's just the $EE mask from the tunerpros main site, with temp adjustments you told me about in another thread (which work great, propper engine temp now)...
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

ok, been a while...

what you'll want to do is open up the ADX editor go into the commands section. unless you've changed something, the mode 1 message 0 macro should be the monitor command.

now, if the only stream you ever want to mess with is the M1M0, then add a new command, make it a listen for silence command, give it a name(M1M0 pause or something), a unique ID, then change the timeout from 400mS to 20(for now, later if necessary it can be increased, or if you're feeling lucky, decreased).

now, go to the M1M0 macro and add the pause command after the "mode 1 message 0 reply".

that SHOULD take care of this issue. if you want to string more commands together later to play with all of the streams, then just be sure to add that pause after every "reply".
mmd8x28

Post by mmd8x28 »

The only listen command that shows up is "Listen for Chatter".. There's no listen for silence.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

you have to make that command. :wink:
mmd8x28

Post by mmd8x28 »

Ok took a few times looking over the UI to figure it out.. It's just a tad confusing compared to Datamaster..

I'll try tomorrow morning, everyones asleep here and I doubt people want to hear an LT1 warm up for no reason.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

you wouldn't even need the engine running, just the key rolled forward as if you were about to start it....
mmd8x28

Post by mmd8x28 »

robertisaar wrote:you wouldn't even need the engine running, just the key rolled forward as if you were about to start it....
True, though I haven't slept in 3 days, I really need to just get some sleep.. I'll post back first thing in the morning..
85'irocz

Post by 85'irocz »

there is a sticky with pics in the Report A Bug forum! :D
-=Jeff=-

Post by -=Jeff=- »

I am having the same problem with my ECM and CCM in my 90 corvette. I have added the pause command and I still have the issue.. not sure what to try next.. I still see it error often while scanning..
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

-=Jeff=- wrote:I am having the same problem with my ECM and CCM in my 90 corvette. I have added the pause command and I still have the issue.. not sure what to try next.. I still see it error often while scanning..
I'm relatively sure that your problem, Jeff, is with the ZR1 definition you're using.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
-=Jeff=-

Post by -=Jeff=- »

Mangus wrote:
-=Jeff=- wrote:I am having the same problem with my ECM and CCM in my 90 corvette. I have added the pause command and I still have the issue.. not sure what to try next.. I still see it error often while scanning..
I'm relatively sure that your problem, Jeff, is with the ZR1 definition you're using.
That could be. I did get it to work solid with ScannerPro, so now I will try again with TPv5 when I be a chance. I mt would be nice if re changes I applied to ScannerPro work when I apply them to Tuner Pro