xdf header offset configuration

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

antus

xdf header offset configuration

Post by antus »

Im in the process of helping create a custom code base for aussie '808 ecus. This has been mostly completed and is running very well and we have very detailed XDFs (see OSE12P @ www.delcohacking.net)

However the bin files are 32k, and so in the ECU populate 8000->FFFF. The XDFs are written so that the first byte is mapped at 0x8000, and then in the header a offset of 0x8000 (subtract) is applyed for disk editing. So far, so good.

Now I wish to do realtime editing in the ECU. I cant find an automatic way to account for this 0x8000 byte difference between on disk and in ECU locations. Is it always going to be a case of edit the XDF header depending on use, or is there a proper way to set this up so that it works for both?

Im using the Antusprom emulator which emulates a Moates APU1, and translates read/write requests to ALDL, and the whole bin in in the ECU is running from NVRAM. The extended ALDL commands include up to 128byte block read and write commands, so this is what I am trying to support.