tunerpro 3.08, moats usb, xp sp2

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Phydeaux

tunerpro 3.08, moats usb, xp sp2

Post by Phydeaux »

I recently upgraded my laptop (fresh reformat) with winxp slipstreamed sp2 and am having some problems with tunerpro rt detecting my usb autopromer. I had been having no troubles running it on xp sp1.

I installed the moates device with the drivers from his site and it seems to have installed fine. It shows up under serial ports in the device mangler as moates.net usb device driver (com6). As a quick test I downloaded the trial version of tunercat rt and it was able to detect the autopromer. I didn't test any further since I don't have the proper ecu files for it.

Are there any known issues with tunerpro and xpsp2? Any reports of it working? Rolling back to sp1 is pretty much out of the question as I use the laptop for my day job and did not install the service pack by choice.

andy
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

If I remember right (I'm not in front of the code), I only autodetect COM ports 1-5. That yours is on 6 is probably the problem. Force it to 3, 4, or 5, depending on your system.

That should solve your problem.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Phydeaux

Post by Phydeaux »

Yep, I swaped the com ports around and its working now. Thanks for the help.

andy