FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

wont create log file

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TunerPro User Forum Forum Index -> ScannerPro Beta Discussion

drumer919

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: wont create log file Reply with quote

i am having a problem not being able to log. I dont have a problem connecting to the truck but when i hit log nothing happens and the stop recording button is grayed out. Also if i choose to load log it brings up the prompt where i can name the file, after i name it a confirmation prompt shows up and i accept but then nothing happens.

Im running Vista. a 7427pcm with $OD. my truck is a 95 with an obd2 port.

im posting from my phone but when i get home im going to try a uninstall and then reinstall.

Okay a lil more info now that I'm back on my computer. First of I'm using version 0.05.0630.00 Also I have no problem data logging in TunerPro RT. The ALDL cable I'm using is a ALDU1 and CABL2 from Craig.

Also one other thing, not really important since it doesnt work anyway but every time I close SP I loose my settings, is that normal I have to re-select the COM port and reload the definition file each time I open it, nothing major, just annoying.

drumer919

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone else with this problem, I emailed Mark and he said he is also running Vista and has no problem, he also told me he wasnt working on it anymore cause of the new TP coming out this summer.

93V8S10

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got another computer you could try it on? Might just be that your computer doesn't like ScannerPro. I've got one computer that doesn't like Datamaster. Everything else works fine on it except Datamaster. Might be the same for you, except ScannerPro instead of Datamaster.

drumer919

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont have another one, I might be able to get my friends tomorrow and see what happens. Never thought of that.

JP86SS

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be sure to type a file name in the box.
Many users miss that and a log won't be created (that you know of)
Check the desktop or other standard places for "Temp.xdl"
This temp file is written and used while recording and can be recovered if the application crashes during recording.
Saved me a couple times when my 98 laptop kept locking up after long recording sessions.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TunerPro User Forum Forum Index -> ScannerPro Beta Discussion All times are GMT - 9 Hours

Page 1 of 1
Jump to: