wont create log file

For those of you brave enough to try the beta releases, please ask your questions and post your issues here! Remember, the more info the better!

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

drumer919

wont create log file

Post by drumer919 »

i am having a problem not being able to log. I dont have a problem connecting to the truck but when i hit log nothing happens and the stop recording button is grayed out. Also if i choose to load log it brings up the prompt where i can name the file, after i name it a confirmation prompt shows up and i accept but then nothing happens.

Im running Vista. a 7427pcm with $OD. my truck is a 95 with an obd2 port.

im posting from my phone but when i get home im going to try a uninstall and then reinstall.

Okay a lil more info now that I'm back on my computer. First of I'm using version 0.05.0630.00 Also I have no problem data logging in TunerPro RT. The ALDL cable I'm using is a ALDU1 and CABL2 from Craig.

Also one other thing, not really important since it doesnt work anyway but every time I close SP I loose my settings, is that normal I have to re-select the COM port and reload the definition file each time I open it, nothing major, just annoying.
drumer919

Post by drumer919 »

For anyone else with this problem, I emailed Mark and he said he is also running Vista and has no problem, he also told me he wasnt working on it anymore cause of the new TP coming out this summer.
93V8S10

Post by 93V8S10 »

Have you got another computer you could try it on? Might just be that your computer doesn't like ScannerPro. I've got one computer that doesn't like Datamaster. Everything else works fine on it except Datamaster. Might be the same for you, except ScannerPro instead of Datamaster.
drumer919

Post by drumer919 »

I dont have another one, I might be able to get my friends tomorrow and see what happens. Never thought of that.
JP86SS

Post by JP86SS »

Be sure to type a file name in the box.
Many users miss that and a log won't be created (that you know of)
Check the desktop or other standard places for "Temp.xdl"
This temp file is written and used while recording and can be recovered if the application crashes during recording.
Saved me a couple times when my 98 laptop kept locking up after long recording sessions.