Tweak-O?

Submit feature suggestions for future versions of TunerPro here.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Ken73

Tweak-O?

Post by Ken73 »

Here's an odd thought..

How about a small box, with a 9v battery, a 5v regulator, and a 10k pot - where the signal is sent to the sound card. In turn, you read the sound card voltage, and whatever parameter you happen to be on, it "tweaks" it via the pot?

This way, you could drive along with a small pot next to you, and tweak it as you drive.. probably work a lot better with the AutoProm or other emulation devices.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

interesting!

nutty, but interesting.

actually, its a pretty sweet idea. I'll chat with craig about it. there may be better ways. maybe another standalone device.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

actually, this could theoretically be done via AutoProms 3 channels of A/D... i can monitor the channels and use them to tweak values.

damn, that'd be cool!
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
jeepguy553

Post by jeepguy553 »

Yes it would!
Ken73

Post by Ken73 »

Mark, talk to Jonas (ala WinALDL) about reading the sound card; he's done it before in Visual C++, he may have some tips for you. I like the idea of doing it with AutoProm, but what about us who don't have one? I think a simple DIY box hooked up to the sound card would suffice.. you can read in 2 channels that way at least.

Glad not everyone thinks I'm nuts on this one.. :lol:
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Yeah, I'm aware of how to sample the audio inputs. Right now thats more than I want to implement. I'll get it working and fleshed out via the AutoProm first. Sound card later. =)

Thanks again for the sweet idea!
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am