Histogram problem

For those of you brave enough to try the beta releases, please ask your questions and post your issues here! Remember, the more info the better!

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

cbernhardt

Histogram problem

Post by cbernhardt »

ScannerPro Version 0.05.0574.00.
I am trying to get a rough idea of how my fuel consumption changes with changes in tuning by using a histogram showing RPM vs MAP vs GPH, using a “Running Average” view. I can modify the example Fuel Trim histogram supplied with the program and change Injector Pulse Width to GPH and it seems to work properly, but when I try to create a new histogram from “Add New Item” menu, and I pick the button to bring up the ADX Item Browser, none of the data items appear.

Also, when I have the histogram on the screen and I replay the data log, the histogram cells do not update. If I have the Dash view on the screen while replaying the data log, the histogram will display the data at the end of the run. If I switch back and forth from Dash view to Histogram view while replaying the data log, sometimes one cell in the Histogram will update but none of the others.

Program is running on a Dell Inspiron laptop, Windows 2000.

Charles
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Hmm, I can't reproduce the first problem. I think I might know the cause of the second problem.

I'm currently integrating ScannerPro into TunerPro, so lots is going to change...
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
cbernhardt

More information

Post by cbernhardt »

I tried creating a new histogram on another computer running XT and have the same problem. My sequence of events is:
1. Under “File” select “New Definition”
2. Click “Histograms” then “Add New Item”
3. Enter Title and Unique ID
4. Under the Row (Y) Object, pick the item selection button.
5. The ADX Item Browser box appears, but there are no items listed.

If I edit an existing histogram, the ADX items are all listed properly.

If I use "Edit Definition" and "Add New Item" the ADX browser seems to work properly, so problem solved.

Charles
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

If you've created a new definition, there will be no items to add. You have to first create the items, then add them to the histogram.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am