Virtual Dashboard

Submit feature suggestions for future versions of TunerPro here.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Maetrix66

Virtual Dashboard

Post by Maetrix66 »

I am about 3-4 weeks away from picking up a Moates Autoprom, well, if the next batch is ready. I am going to be using it along with your TunerPro software to tune my 84 Fiero and to make the 92 Olds Cutlass wiring HArness, Olds ECU, and the turbo Grand Prix Code to play nice with the 96 3100 I've installed. I also have all of the components for a full desktop PC purchased brand new sitting in my computer room waiting for the turbo to get installed and for the engine to get fired up. I'm going to be installing a 15"lcd into the dash, with the full intent of running the autoprom and the TunerPro software as a Piggyback ECU, permanently installed with my GPS and DTS system, running the car in emulation. My Feature suggestion is this. A Virtual Dashboard to show ECM data in analog gauge format on the screen. I think this would be very useful, plus it would look cool as hell. I appologize if someone else has already brought this up, I couldn't find mention of it anywhere on the forum.

Keep up the good work, this program is awesome!
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

yup, this is on the list already. =)
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Maetrix66

Post by Maetrix66 »

Sweet, how are you planning to handle the backgrounds of the guages?
With raster images or with a solidcolor. If you decide to use bitmaps or jpegs, I offer my services as a graphic designer to produce the backgrounds. That way, people could customize the look of the dashboard by editing the images in photoshop and resaving them as the same file name, or is this a huge coding hassle. I have no idea how hard this would be to implement, I'm not a programmer. WOuld definitly be sweet though.
So, what else is on the list, or are you keeping it secret?
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

GDI. I won't be using images. I'm mainly interested in function. Putting extra effort into it just so people can choose between white face gauges with blue lettering vs black faced with white lettering is beyond my scope. ;-)
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am