ALDL Dash

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

SteelDemon

ALDL Dash

Post by SteelDemon »

Hi all!

Getting used to this technical wizardry known as Tunerpro...

Been playing around with it for a coupla days now: got it to talk with my 94 Blazer. It'll monitor, even record! Woohoo!

I seem to be having a challenge with the "ALDL Dash" tab. WHen I first start up, the panels show up and all read "0.00" However, once I'm rolling, the readouts dont show at all, yet everything else seems to work fine.

I click on another tab and then go back, even Close the tab and open it again, and no change. Still blank.

ANyone else have this happen? What did you dido to correct it? ANything I should check?

Thanks,

Anthony
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Hi Anthony -

So the other ALDL data tabs work (i.e. they show valid data)? Yet the dash doesn't? That's a new one. If you right click on a gauge and select an item, does the item data show up while you're monitoring?

-M
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
SteelDemon

Post by SteelDemon »

HI Mark... Sorry for the later reply. Been too busy to play with the laptop.

Yep, all the other tabs show valid data.

I right click on a gauge when I'm monitoring, and the menu pops up, yet all the selections are grey (ie unavailable)

When I first start up the laptop and the truck, I get all zeros on the dash, then once monitoring begins, the ALDL Dash tab <only> goes blank.

Since I get everything else, I figure it isn't the connection.

ANy ideas?

Thanks much!

Anthony
Anthony

86 GP T-Tops
86 GP 2Plus2
86 GP 2Plus2
91 Jimmy SLE
94 Blazer LT
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

SteelDemon wrote:HI Mark... Sorry for the later reply. Been too busy to play with the laptop.

Yep, all the other tabs show valid data.

I right click on a gauge when I'm monitoring, and the menu pops up, yet all the selections are grey (ie unavailable)

When I first start up the laptop and the truck, I get all zeros on the dash, then once monitoring begins, the ALDL Dash tab <only> goes blank.

Since I get everything else, I figure it isn't the connection.

ANy ideas?

Thanks much!

Anthony
Hmm, I dont' see any reason why the items would be grey in the context menu. Something is fishy there. When you first start up the laptop and you see zeros in the dash, I'm assuming you don't see any titles, etc, in the dash gauges? If this is true, then it is indeed because nothing is selected in each gauge. I don't know why you wouldn't be able to select, however.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
SteelDemon

Post by SteelDemon »

Update!

Now that I've had some time to play around and be more attentive, I've been out on a number of datalogging runs <including a 2hr drive up to the cottage this wkd! WooHoo!>

I've narrowed down whats going on here. The tabs are not grey. I can select the various headings. All the info on the dash shows up on startup, and running.

Then, the odd time, I'll switch over to the ALDL FLAGS tab, and come back to the DASH, and THEN the dash is blank. all the sections just show up white. I'll right click, and all the selections show up, and ARE selectable. They are not grey. That appears to have been a mistake on my part.

It doesnt do it all the time, however. And if I restart TunerPro, it comes back to normal. <just means I have to suspend the logging.>

It monitors great: all the variable selections read fine; just this glitch the odd time.

Anything I can check?

Thanks!
Anthony

86 GP T-Tops
86 GP 2Plus2
86 GP 2Plus2
91 Jimmy SLE
94 Blazer LT