scannerpro or Datamaster? and why....

For those of you brave enough to try the beta releases, please ask your questions and post your issues here! Remember, the more info the better!

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Tricked-Out-Toy

scannerpro or Datamaster? and why....

Post by Tricked-Out-Toy »

How does this compare to datamaster? Im new to the datalogging part of this and was really interested in scannerpro for my primary datalogger. what sets scannerpro apart from the rest?
DENN_SHAH

Post by DENN_SHAH »

ScannerPro is new & still under development, so you can't really compare it to data master.
TunerPro is fully developed & works quite good.
i have used data master for some data logging, but 99.9% of the time i use TunerPro.
with TunerPro, along with data logging, you can edit your bin file & with the right hardware, burn chips.
with either the Ostrich or AutoProm, in TunerPro you can do real time emulation & make changes to the bin with the motor running.
as far as im concerned, right now TunerPro is the best there is for data logging & bin editing.
once ScannerPro is ready for prime time, i think it will be the best.
i believe Mark has said ScannerPro is going to replaced TunerPro some time in the future.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

ScannerPro's features will be migrated over to TunerPro. It won't necessarily replace TunerPro.

In time ScannerPro will be quite comparible (or better if I do things right) than Datamaster. The main difference will be the price.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Tricked-Out-Toy

Post by Tricked-Out-Toy »

Mangus wrote:ScannerPro's features will be migrated over to TunerPro. It won't necessarily replace TunerPro.

In time ScannerPro will be quite comparible (or better if I do things right) than Datamaster. The main difference will be the price.
With the addition of scanning to the tuning program there is no reason to need anything else!! keep up the good work. I look forward to playing with the different revisions!
Joshua Angley - General in the Thirdgen Mafia
LT1 LE3/LE2 HC, T56, LS1 rear 3.42, C5 front brakes, Longtubes w/ 3" over axle duals. Its cute http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2108104