Smoother

Submit feature suggestions for future versions of TunerPro here.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Robin Handley

Smoother

Post by Robin Handley »

In a similar vein to the interpolation function, I think that it would be useful if a 2-D area of a table (highlighted by the user) could have a smoothing function applied to it - to take out any spikes, and provide a smooth surface for ignition or injection values to transition over.

I see this as being useful when modifications are made to specific cells in a table, which cause discontinuities. Sometimes these may be wanted, but often a significant change to the map at one cell means that surrounding cell values need to be changed as well. If the surrounding values to the new (outlying) value were blended to match, the resulting performance is likely to be better.

Arrays could also be smoothed (to avoid 'jerkiness'). It's something that I try and do manually at the moment.

Just a thought,

Robin
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

this is *very* close to interpolation. its also related to something else i intend to add, which is another table function called something like "fuzz" which will allow you to bring up a dialog and select a region of a table, select the primary cell you wish to edit, and select the cell's interaction with the region via some type of equation. for instance, i select the cell in R3C3 and modify it. i want R2C3 to move at 25% of what R3C3 moves at and R1C3 to move at 10% of R3C3 ... that kind of thing. Of course, I will try to make this as painless as possible for the user (thats the intent of the software in general!).

Again, though, don't plan on seeing something like this for a while. there are things in the queue that are a little more important (*cough* graphing).
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am