Fuel Base Table

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Craig Smith

Fuel Base Table

Post by Craig Smith »

A9L,GUFB.
Looking at the table vs the graph.
Graph is not smooth, peakes and valleys.
If I am to make sure I understand what I am doing, the lower part of the Graph, which is in Blue, dictates rich?
The red at the top would be Lean?
Would a smooth flow of the graph be a benifit?

Also, Moving the graph towards the higher load and a smaller AFR is adding fuel?

I just want to make sure I am doing this correctly. It's one of those things that the longer you look at it, the more confused you get.

Just need someone to verify what I am doing.
Thanks for any help!
1986 Jauguar XJ6 with a transplanted 95 LT1, 1990 5.0 LX Mustang, MSD6AL, MSD Blaster coil, Shorty headers, no cats, h pipe, flow masters, Edlebrock Performer intake and plenum, Aeroquip pressure regulator.
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

Smaller A/F ratio numbers mean a richer mix so you are correct that blue is indicating a richer mix than red.

The shape of the graph is a result of many, many hours Ford have spent in climate controlled dynamometer rooms and represents the ideal A/F ratios for the variety of conditions the engine is designed to cope with. This means it's very hard to say what is best to do with a modified engine as you generally want as little fuel as is necessary for the best power and only add extra if needed cooling purposes. Without tuning on a dyno you inevitably go with the feel of things and put more fuel in than is necessary, ideally as well as a wide band you would use an EGT gauge too. I know I've not really answered your question about smoothing things off but hopefully helped in another way.
Craig Smith

Post by Craig Smith »

Of course you helped Dex.

Explain to me the graph/Table Temp.
Where does the temp varable come in?
Atmosphere/Outside temp?

It would make sense except for the -30
At minus 30, I wouldn't be driving a car!!!!
My butt would be indoors where it's warm!!!
1986 Jauguar XJ6 with a transplanted 95 LT1, 1990 5.0 LX Mustang, MSD6AL, MSD Blaster coil, Shorty headers, no cats, h pipe, flow masters, Edlebrock Performer intake and plenum, Aeroquip pressure regulator.
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

The 'Fuel Base Table' temperature is ECT.

ACT is dealt with by the 'Fuel Multiplier vs ACT' (aka FN300) table which is an open loop multiplier applied to the result of the 'Fuel Base Table' lookup to adjust the desired A/F ratio.
Craig Smith

Post by Craig Smith »

Would that be the O/L Fuel Multiplier vs. ACT?
Craig Smith

Post by Craig Smith »

Dex,
I guess cutting to the chase, I need to add fuel in the 2,000 RPM range to 5,500 RPM at WOT.
What is the best way to do this?
Is it not the Base Fuel Table?
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

Craig Smith wrote:Would that be the O/L Fuel Multiplier vs. ACT?
Yes, I dropped the O/L part because the table only affects the 'Fuel Base Table'.

To add extra fuel at WOT you can use either the high load cells in the 'Fuel Base Table' or the 'WOT Fuel Multiplier vs RPM' (aka FN303) table.