Trip to 1/8th Drag Strip Last Night

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Craig Smith

Trip to 1/8th Drag Strip Last Night

Post by Craig Smith »

Running my son's 90 LX 5.0
We installed a new 75mm Throttle body this week so we wanted to see what we would get. I had the LM-1 attached last night for the first real test.
Using Lamda, it looks like we are correct on the fuel.
After the run he wanted to take the LM-1 off, why I don't know.
I had the laptop there and was making a few changes in the staging lane, you should have seen the folks looking at us!
It was like I was some Wizard or something. One guy with a 5.0 came over and was asking what I was doing. I told him I was adding some fuel to the car, he looked at me like a deer in the headlights. I showed him the Program and he was amased at the stuff you can change. He asked if I could do his car, I politly declined telling him that I have just enough knowledge of what I am doing to blow up just one car at the moment. I told him to call me in about a YEAR!

Anyway, I have the runs in an excel format for the LM-1
For those in the know, please let me know how to forward them to you so you can take a look and give me some feedback.
Don't pay much attention the the RPMS, I think I had the configuration wrong on that channel.
1986 Jauguar XJ6 with a transplanted 95 LT1, 1990 5.0 LX Mustang, MSD6AL, MSD Blaster coil, Shorty headers, no cats, h pipe, flow masters, Edlebrock Performer intake and plenum, Aeroquip pressure regulator.
dex
The Ford Guy

Re: Trip to 1/8th Drag Strip Last Night

Post by dex »

Craig Smith wrote:I politly declined telling him that I have just enough knowledge of what I am doing to blow up just one car at the moment. I told him to call me in about a YEAR!
Such confidence :lol: and I'm right there along side you. I bought a dirt cheap runaround to practice on rather than risk my engine. :D
Craig Smith

Post by Craig Smith »

One thing I found yesterday morning was that I never told the ECM that we had changed the TB to a 75mm.
It was still set to stock.
Made the change, my son took off to see if he "felt" any difference.
He said he could feel a little more in the low to mid range.

I posted the run to the Innovate site and one reply mentioned that I may have some misfires, or fuel shut off issues.
I have seen Fuel shut off tables, adjustments in the GUFB def.
Anyone know what they may be talking about?

My next project is to get the sensors squared away to run the logs.
I have the option to add 5 more channels to the LogWorks2 program.
Once I can see the other info I can get my TunerPro and change it.
Problem is, Ford didn't use the same Color code on all ECM connectors.
What I have to do is use the pin locations verses the color of the wire.
The ECM harness inside the car is SHORT! so it's one of those contortions fixes. I need to splice into each of the pin locations, I know that after this little exercise I am going to be sore as hell for a couple of days!
1986 Jauguar XJ6 with a transplanted 95 LT1, 1990 5.0 LX Mustang, MSD6AL, MSD Blaster coil, Shorty headers, no cats, h pipe, flow masters, Edlebrock Performer intake and plenum, Aeroquip pressure regulator.