String Lookup Tables

For those of you brave enough to try the beta releases, please ask your questions and post your issues here! Remember, the more info the better!

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

moonwell

String Lookup Tables

Post by moonwell »

I added in a string lookup table to display the text rich or lean based on the difference of my wideband output vs commanded A/F. But when you assign a value to use a lookup table, there is no option to select string as an output there. So it just displays 0 all the time.

Also tried changing the output type to 5 for the item manually in the ADX, since it looked like type 5 was a string based on the lookup table data, but it still just displays 0

Code: Select all

<outputtype>5</outputtype>
I discovered afterwords that you had a string lookup table in the MAFT definition, and it also outputs as 0 rather than the string. Is this something that isn't yet completed?
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Send me your ADX. Seems to work fine for me.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
moonwell

Post by moonwell »

Here is a link to my ADX
http://www.v6z24.com/misc/tuning/A1-Wid ... test11.adx

But like I said, it also displays 0 when I try to display the "Engine Speed State String" in the provided MAFTpro.adx

Maybe this has something to do with my problems in this this other thread?
http://tunerpro.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=490
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Try the build I just posted (349). You'll have to do some re-linking in your ADX with this download. See the notes in the download page.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
moonwell

Post by moonwell »

That build fixed the playback issue from my other thread, but my string lookup still displays 0.

Here is my current ADX
http://www.v6z24.com/misc/tuning/A1-Wid ... test13.adx
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Hmm. Seems to work for me using the latest build. I loaded up your ADX and the Rich/Lean value seems to show "Lean" by default. This isn't what you're seeing with the latest build?

TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
moonwell

Post by moonwell »

I guess it displays right in the Items List, but not on the dash.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

moonwell wrote:I guess it displays right in the Items List, but not on the dash.
Ah, I missed where you specified that this was occuring in the dash. Correct. The dash only displays numbers.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
moonwell

Post by moonwell »

Mangus wrote:Ah, I missed where you specified that this was occuring in the dash. Correct. The dash only displays numbers.
No problem, guess I wasn't specific. I actually never looked at it in the items list for some reason :?

So will strings eventually be able to be displayed on the dash?