checksum error

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

mecanicus

checksum error

Post by mecanicus »

hello,
i'm new to tunerpro and have problem with dowloading bin file from emc.i work with win 10 and a usb ttl cable.I can connect to the emc ,its a 16196395 ,but when i try to download bin from emc i get checksum error."One or more checksums could not be updated.Check checksum addresing,etc, for validity."
What to do, could find nothing within help or forum.
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

You need to provide a little more information such as the ECU's BCC, its mask ID and the hardware you are using to interface with the ECU.
mecanicus

Post by mecanicus »

[quote="dex"]You need to provide a little more information such as the ECU's BCC, its mask ID and the hardware you are using to interface with the ECU.[/quote]
interface is usb ttl with fdti, i have tried masks $0E and $06 and BJBB and BPSA chip, bJBB is from 6cyl chevy astro while PBSA is from a 8 cyl.
Any more info you need?
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

I am not familiar with your 16196395 ECU but usually you cannot read the calibration out from the ECU directly using TunerPro. It is more common to put the EPROM or Memcal (with an adapter) into an EPROM/EEPROM programmer (such as the Moates Burn1/2) and then use TunerPro to read the chip's contents via the programmer.
mecanicus

Post by mecanicus »

I would do that but I have the xgpro TL866IIPlus Programmer and this wants to know the exact type (firm and type) of the eprom. So I thaugt I read bin with tunerpro and then programm it on a SSt 27SF512 ,that way I have it in spare and can play on the eraseable 27sf512. I can't find the maker of the original chips!
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

The EPROM type is listed on here https://xtronics.com/wiki/GM_ECU_eproms.html but not the manufacturer (I would not have thought that would have made a difference). The EPROM is probably soldered into a Memcal so you will either have to unsolder it or use an adapter such as the Moates HDR1.
mecanicus

Post by mecanicus »

I know all these sites but nowhere you can find the maker of the chip.
After a lot of trial and error I could finaly download the bin.The chip was a Philips 27c512
Thank you for your assistance.