Software Won't Connect to 89 Cadillac

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

rustbukt307

Software Won't Connect to 89 Cadillac

Post by rustbukt307 »

Hey guys. I'm new to the program and have run into an issue. When I try to connect to my '89 Cadillac Brougham w/ LV2 5.0L engine I can never get TunerPro RT to establish a connection with the ECM for data streaming. I'm simply trying to check the vehicle's vitals, not modify anything. My cable is working, (my cable was bought here http://aldlcable.com/products/aldlobd1u.asp) drivers installed, and I'm using a definition file I downloaded right from this site.

"A043
LV2/LG8 88-90
160 BAUD, PIN D, USE A 10K"

I had to import it and convert it to an ADX file, but I'm still not able to establish a connection. Am I using the wrong def file? What am I doing wrong?
donf

Post by donf »

Did you set the com port in the software? If you google "tuner pro com port" it will give you a few ideas. If you did set the com port try connecting with the engine off. My van would do this, then get messed up when I started it. Its some type of ground feedback problem. After checking and cleaning all grounds I went to a bluetooth cable and Its worked perfectly for about a year. John said the bluetooth adapter is grounded differently and has worked for others when having problems.