Can't get connected to an 85 corvette with Tuner Pro RT

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

vectra28

Can't get connected to an 85 corvette with Tuner Pro RT

Post by vectra28 »

Hi guys,

First post and I need some help. I have Tuner Pro RT, Windows XP, Craig Moates ALDL1 and an OBD1 cable and am trying to use Tuner Pro to datalog my 1985 corvette. I have the 1F.xdf file along with the ftm9545 and hll3802 binaries for my vehicle and I still can't get connected. I did use Craig's USB driver, I have the ALDL1 set to the 10K resistor, and both com ports on my laptop and tunerpro are set to COM3 per Craig's instructions. Does Tuner Pro play with 160 baud vehicles or do I need to search for another solution? Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you
Chad
1985 corvette
vectra28

Post by vectra28 »

I just went through tools-preferences-ALDL Emulation-Test for Valid Cable Using Settings of Tuner Pro and with Craig's ALDU1 connected by itself it says cable found and functioning. If I hook up the CABL1 it says cable not found or functioning (8192 baud). Maybe something is wrong with the cable? I just sent Craig an email to see what he thought the problem might be but I did read in the help topics of the software that it connects only at 8192 baud. Is it possible that Tuner Pro RT will not work with the 1226870 ecm? Sorry guys, total newbie here and completely lost! Thanks for any help you can offer.

Chad
1985 corvette
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

If it is found by itself it should be found with the CABL1 attached.

What ADS file are you using? Make sure you use the latest build here:

http://tunerpro.net/beta/Builds/
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
vectra28

Post by vectra28 »

I was able to get it to work. I did have to remove the cable for the ALDU1 several times from the laptop and replug it in to get it to connect but in the end I can accept that. I changed the serial port settings to a lower baud so I'm certain that had something to do with it. Works great, unfortuneately now I realize I'll have to repin to the 165 ecm to have a happy medium. Winter is approaching and in my neck of the woods it would give me something to do and learn.
1985 corvette