ECM Firmware updating

Discuss Buell tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.
Oldy1

ECM Firmware updating

Post by Oldy1 »

I am wanting to install a barometric pressure sensor on my 2008 XB12, but recently discovered the current firmware version BUEOD doesn't have a barometric pressure table, so I need to update my firmware to BUE2D. I have also read that the BUEOD firmware version is considered quite buggy, so it seems like a good move to update. Only problem is that I am unable to locate a HD dealer where I live in Australia, with the capability/knowledge to do an update, guess it's been too long now. I read online that a firmware update can be done using TunerPro. I familiar with TunerPro, but not how to do a firmware update. Can anyone help?
Harolddavies

Re: ECM Firmware updating

Post by Harolddavies »

Hi, I'm interested to add a MAP/Baro sensor on my Uly MY2010.
Buelltooth propose a Baro kit for XB but my idea is to use a 1125 stock bosch MAP sensor.I already have it.
I understood that need to add one pin at gray ECU connector and enable this mod by ecmspy.
Anybody already do it or know how to do?
Thanks for help.!
cookie clicker
Shaker666

Re: ECM Firmware updating

Post by Shaker666 »

It's pretty straightfoward, you would need to update the transfer function and other settings within the ECM to match those settings from the 1125 bike. You can wire it up identically to the 1125 schematic as well.