TunerPro RT compatible on OBD1 1994 Chevrolet S10?

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

DTurabi42

TunerPro RT compatible on OBD1 1994 Chevrolet S10?

Post by DTurabi42 »

Hello everyone. I am a completely new member of this group and I'm glad I am here. I'm sort of new to this data logging thing however I do know some stuff about it as well but bear with me. For sure it can be extremely useful for the situation I'm in. I'm having troubles with a 1994 Chevrolet S10 with the LN2 engine, manual trans and 16168505 ECU. I would like to do data logging as I have absolutely no idea what is wrong with it. I would like to know if it is possible to do any kind of data logging as well as tuning on this model year truck. I've been stuck on this problem for months and have replaced many many sensors and still the problem persists. I could not find much info about this topic so I'm at a loss. Any help is appreciated much :D
Metric

Post by Metric »

Good luck getting any help. I've been trying for 2-3 weeks to get some simple answers. I would assume at least the admins would know the answers but haven't heard a peep. I think this is a dead forum.
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

I did a quick search and it looks like your ecu bin definition file (DXF) and data stream definition (ADX) are in the download area under $0D - 16197427.

Other info on the net says this:
$0D 16196395 or 16197427 94 - 95 C/K Truck, Van, S-10 LN2 (16168505), 4.3L, 5.7L & 7.4L

It appears the 16168505 uses the same code so you should be able to use the $0D definitions. I am not familiar with your setup so I can't say for sure but more than one location the net says the same thing.

Have you tried connecting at all with your ecu? Back in the day when I was playing with my van (16144288) I was getting noise and couldn't connect at the ODB1 connector. I followed the wire back towards the ECU and connected there without issue. I assumed it was noise introduced when the engine was running.