FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Why is there a GMC and a Chevy Truck?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TunerPro User Forum Forum Index -> General Motors

crowek

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject: Why is there a GMC and a Chevy Truck? Reply with quote

Hi,

Don't get me wrong...I love my roommates 1500 w/ the Z71. What I don't get though is why they have two divisions, with all their support, marketing and technical staff to support two nearly similar trucks. Of course, I may be entirely mistaken about this. Apart from design cues, do the GMC/Chevy twins differ? This all started when I saw an episode of Road&Track TV and they had this segment on the Chevy Blazer/GMC Jimmy/Olds Bravada replacement. Seemed like three of the same trucks just skinned differently with different "styling attitudes".Now I know that rebadging goes on in Japanese manufactures as well: the Honda Passport being the Isuzu Rodeo and the original Acura SUV being an Isuzu Trooper. But that was to allow different manufacturers a toehold in the market. Why would GM support so many divisions supporting so many similar cars?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=982278
Motion graphics Video service

Thanks!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TunerPro User Forum Forum Index -> General Motors All times are GMT - 9 Hours

Page 1 of 1
Jump to: