New to TunerPro

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Metric

New to TunerPro

Post by Metric »

I've been lurking around the forum for a few days now. I've watch several YouTube videos about TunerPro. But I can't figure out how the hell to get it up and running for my project.

I've found 42.xdf which appears to go with my ECM (1227747), but still can't figure out how to make the software work. I've yet to come across a video that explains how to use the xdf, bin or ads files. Everything starts off after that and shows the fun stuff.

I may have missed something in all the information on here. I sure would appreciate someone telling me what I need to do to get this going.

Thanks in advance.
Metric

Post by Metric »

No helpers in here? Admins?
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

The TunerPro help file gives the basics of getting started.
Metric

Post by Metric »

So the 42dxf is the basic file for my ECU. What are the other files I need and where do I get them?
myunker83

Post by myunker83 »

I'm new to this as well, but I'll try to help. Basically your .bin (binary) file is the program that gets burned onto your chip.

In order for TunerPro to read the bin you need what is called a definition file or xdf. In your case I believe it is $42 or just 42. This is like a translator that takes all the binary info from your bin and turns it into your scalars, tables, and flags and allows you to make changes.

Lastly, if you are data-logging, you need an adx or ads file. This converts the incoming data into useful information. I believe TunerPro uses adx files but you can convert an ads to an adx.

First load the proper bin from the file menu. Then load the xdf. Once you do that you should be able to see all of the different parameters and values.
Metric

Post by Metric »

myunker83 wrote:I'm new to this as well, but I'll try to help. Basically your .bin (binary) file is the program that gets burned onto your chip.

In order for TunerPro to read the bin you need what is called a definition file or xdf. In your case I believe it is $42 or just 42. This is like a translator that takes all the binary info from your bin and turns it into your scalars, tables, and flags and allows you to make changes.

Lastly, if you are data-logging, you need an adx or ads file. This converts the incoming data into useful information. I believe TunerPro uses adx files but you can convert an ads to an adx.

First load the proper bin from the file menu. Then load the xdf. Once you do that you should be able to see all of the different parameters and values.

Thanks for trying to help! So I have the $42 file and I think it is loaded, but don't know how to tell. I do need to data log, so where does the adx file come from? And I don't think I have the xdf either.

Seems like all of this stuff should be in a nice tidy file somewhere if it exists.