Datastream failures / Realterm shows perfect

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Acki

Datastream failures / Realterm shows perfect

Post by Acki »

My datastream went corrupt after a fixed amount of seconds. 11-17s depending on the baudrate and if I use the "Silent" Macro to stop reading the stream for some ms.

I can produce this failure when I use a value which changes very fast. TPS signal or something else (some ram value which is switching fast).

I checked my output via RealTerm - perfect.
ECM is on my table, engine speed signal generator etc. pp.
External power supply for the KKL cable and the Motronic.

When I stop the datastream and start it again no peaks etc.

It seems at Commads the "baudrate = 0" for default isn't working. When I insert the baudrate I use (like in the Header) it's not happen anymore.

Another "bug", when I open "Edit ADX" during a running stream the stream becomes corrupt after some seconds. The stream shows no peaks, it's more rectangular...

Tracing in a table and data stream slows everything down and same happens after some seconds...

I hope you can help me too improve my toolchain, may my setup is the root cause - may it's some kind of bug?

However, great software!
Acki

Post by Acki »

The monitor function seems to be a little bit buggy, possible that nobody used it before in this way.
Datastream is working without any issue as long as I don't open the Monitor. History is also great :)

When I playback a log file and I use the scrollable (is it the correct naming?) TunerPro doesn't react to any mouse operation (clicks).
When I switch to another window and then back to TunerPro it's working.

Situation: Playback a logfile and jump to another "time point"
Acki

Post by Acki »

Playback has no function. 50% or 2500 times faster, run time of the playback is the same... also tested if pause/play is needed to switch the speed, no difference.
Acki

Post by Acki »

Multi Screen or Multi instance has also some issues you have to take car.
Primary screen shows the pull down menu only, multi instance only impacting the first opened session - I guess some layer issues?!

A nice feature would be to start recording when datastream is connected, that you can log the cranking for example direct.
Acki

Post by Acki »

Acki wrote:Playback has no function. 50% or 2500 times faster, run time of the playback is the same... also tested if pause/play is needed to switch the speed, no difference.
Today I measured the speed of the playback.
1s log file - 3s playback time. Doesn't matter which play speed is used.

Any chance to get this solved?
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Do you have more than one PC to try this on? Many of the things you describe sound like some synchronization issues (bugs, as you say), but perhaps based around the rendering and/or memory performance of the host PC.

I'm not sure I'll be able to untangle this issue for you in the near term. You might try slowing down the data rate a bit.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Acki

Post by Acki »

Tested at 3 different pc.
Acki

Re: Datastream failures / Realterm shows perfect

Post by Acki »

Any chance that the "playback speed" bug will be solved soon?
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Haven't been able to reliably reproduce it.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Acki

Post by Acki »

How can I support?
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Can you send me ADX and XDL (log) files with instructions on how to reproduce some of these issues (example: the playback speed issue)?
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am