FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TunerPro won't install

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TunerPro User Forum Forum Index -> Report A Bug

ccmano

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: TunerPro won't install Reply with quote

Windows 10 machine. When I run the install sequence it get about half way through then I get an error message that directory access has been denied and files cannot be written to it?

Thanks
H

dex
The Ford Guy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you installing it as an 'administrator'? If not, you will probably need to do so.

ccmano

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dex wrote:
Are you installing it as an 'administrator'? If not, you will probably need to do so.

Yes, I am the administrator. Double checked to make sure.

I even updated the Visual Studio 2017 redist. after it happened, no change.
H

ccmano

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the ďTunerProFileĒ folder under Documents and all sub folders are read only. If I let the installer ignore anything that should be written to those folders it loads the rest of the program. Of course all those folders are now empty.

Iíve tried multiple sign onís as administrator and otherwise but there is no change.

When I run Tunerpro there is an instant error message that says the Settings file cannot be opened. When I cancel that message it loads. I cannot find a settings file anywhere.

As noted the TunerPro file is read only as are all the sub folders. It wonít allow me to manually change the setting.

I can load a Bin or an XDF file but I cannot save it to the TunerPro files and when I load a Bin file it gives me the same cannot open the settings file message.

Iím stumped! Help please...
H

ccmano

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured it out. Took a lot of digging. Turns out my Antivirus program BitDefender was blocking the install.

For those that run into this under the "Protection" Tab click on "view features" then under "Safe Files" click on "Protected Files". You will see a list of files the program is protecting. Remove any that include the "Documents" file.

The program will now install!

H

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TunerPro User Forum Forum Index -> Report A Bug All times are GMT - 9 Hours

Page 1 of 1
Jump to: