Elements of an XDF Item

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Fred Ziffel

Elements of an XDF Item

Post by Fred Ziffel »

Could someone familiar with TunerPro please explain what the following elements of an XDF Item are:
  • Size: What are the differences between 8, 16 & 32 Bit.
  • Signed:
  • LSB First:
  • Visibility Level:
  • Output Type:
  • Significant digits:
  • Category A:
  • Category B:
  • Equation Format: do the entries ie... X/0.500000 represent an actual formula or are they links to formula's located else where in the program?
  • Arguments:
I want to have a better understanding of the program so I can take full advantage of all it's attributes.
Thank you
Super Charged 5.0 tractor with custom farm implement's.
"Run what ya brung and hope ya brung enough!"
fasterthanyou

heres a little help

Post by fasterthanyou »

size - simplest way to understand this.....at any address there is a value. The value at any one address is 8 bits. If you combine two address togeter you have a 16 bit value (known as word data because you do not add the two values you combine them). so as an example at address (all hex) 7f2b the 8 bit value is 01. at the next address 7f2c the 8bit value is 20. if you set tuner pro for 8 bits you will see the 01 and the 20 as two seperate 8 bit values. If you set it for 16 it will combine the two to make 0120 (not 21....you don't add you combine "word data" like reading..combine letters to make words...combine bits) so 32 bits would be combining 4 8bit values.....

LSB - least significant character - In a sequence of one or more bytes, the low-order (usually rightmost) bit of a binary number....so the 16 bit value of 0120 has an LSB of 20

output type is the output type....do you want to see the hex, integer (hex converted into decimal and converted via your conversions tab), floating point after your conversions tab conversion is applied (with decimal places and the number of those decimal places are the significant digits....etc

categories are a way of organising.....if you go to XDF header info and click on the categories tab you can make categories and then organize them

Conversions are a way the user interprets the raw data stored. It takes the hex, or decimal (RAW) values and manipulates it the way you want!!!! sweet!!!!! so on my fuel map there is a hex value of 04....to me that means nothing...but I know it can be converted into an AFR with a conversion of 1881.6/(128+ X)....x would be the 04 (acutally the decimal value of 04 which is 4 in this case) and yield an AFR of 14.25!!! now that means something to me!

Got it??

Have fun!!
Twin Turbo 300zx
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Thanks fasterthanyou. =)

Fred - there's a lot to take in there. You should start by reading the stickes up top on the www.thirdgen.org/techboard/diy-prom/ board. After reading (lots of reading), let us (or them) know if you're still unclear.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Fred Ziffel

Post by Fred Ziffel »

Mangus wrote:Thanks fasterthanyou. =)

Fred - there's a lot to take in there. You should start by reading the stickes up top on the www.thirdgen.org/techboard/diy-prom/ board. After reading (lots of reading), let us (or them) know if you're still unclear.
fasterthanyou - Thank you for the detailed response, it was very helpful.
Mangus - Thanks for the response, you answered my next question.
Super Charged 5.0 tractor with custom farm implement's.
"Run what ya brung and hope ya brung enough!"