DA: Not Connected?

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

supr91tt

DA: Not Connected?

Post by supr91tt »

I have retired my old laptop with TunerPro 5 installed and the old one connects and logs fine. The new laptop I connects as it finds the hardware and starts emulating but I am unable to connect the DA.
Both laptops are running Windows 7. Any suggestions?
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

We'll need more info to be helpful.

What vehicle? What definitions?

What do you see when you test for valid cable? Do you have your COM port set to match the one your cable uses in preferences?
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
supr91tt

Post by supr91tt »

'87 Turbo Buick running speed density with LC-1 wide and and 3 bar map. I'm pretty sure the cable is working as Tuner Pro recognizes the Maft-Pro hardware. I'm just not sure what the "DA" portion is. That appears to be the ability to record, does that functionality require a license file? If so I'm unable to locate it on my old laptop to transfer. The old one works (super slow, on it's last breath) using the same xdf file and it appears to download the bin from Maft-Pro while emulating, which in my mind is also indicative the units are communicating?
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

No, it doesn't require a license. You'll need to set the interface type to "AutoProm/MAFTPro" on the data acquisition tab of preferences. Then you'll need to load the definition (ADS or ADX file) provided by the MAFTPro folks to enable logging.

-Mark
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
supr91tt

Post by supr91tt »

Thanks for the direction, I knew there had to be some configuration step I' d missed. I'll check it out in the AM!
WetChicken

Re:

Post by WetChicken »

supr91tt wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:01 pm '87 Turbo Buick running speed density with LC-1 wide and and 3 bar map. I'm pretty sure the cable is working as Tuner Pro recognizes the Maft-Pro hardware. I'm just not sure what the "DA" portion is. That appears to be the ability to record, does that functionality require a license file? If so I'm unable to locate it on my old laptop to transfer. The old one works (super slow, on it's last breath) using the same xdf file and it appears to download the bin from Maft-Pro while emulating, which in my mind is also indicative the units are communicating?
You may want to try and re-install windows (backup important files first), it can corrupt itself over time and installing and removing programs do a number on it also. Now you have a nice dedicated laptop for programming.