Crashing when entering or editing custom

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

jcsbanks

Crashing when entering or editing custom

Post by jcsbanks »

Windows 10 64 bit Pro. Two different PCs.

Fresh install of Tuner Pro 5.00.8944.00

Open for the first time. Whether xdf and bin loaded or not, go to Tools...Custom Tools... Edit Custom tools... click on an existing tool and immediately there is a TunerPro has stopped working and it closes. Same if you add a new tool, but whilst it crashes the selection is remembered and the tool can be used, although shortcut keys usually don't work.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Strange that I can't reproduce this on any of my machines.

In what path do you have TunerPro installed?

Can anyone else corroborate this issue?
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
jcsbanks

Post by jcsbanks »

This was in the default location which I think was Program Files x86. On one machine also tried C root. Will try some other machines today but the workaround to alter the custom tool is to uninstall and delete TunerPro material in Documents and then reinstall. Is there any more info I can collect?
jcsbanks

Post by jcsbanks »

Terrible quick video.

https://youtu.be/XowXmcnfCXo

Crashes on four Windows 10 machines. Two have Kaspersky, two just Windows 10 security. Nothing fancy with any of the machines, some are very light and recent installs. All UK keyboards. Some SSD some not.

Also tried run as administrator.
jcsbanks

Post by jcsbanks »

New install Windows 10. First thing install TunerPro and crashes in same way.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

What language/locale do you have windows set to?

I'm also running Win10 x64 pro on most of my machines and can't get it to happen. I'll ask around if others can repro.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
jcsbanks

Post by jcsbanks »

GB/UK English. Everything as default as can be in Windows installation otherwise.
pahlok

Post by pahlok »

jcsbanks wrote:GB/UK English. Everything as default as can be in Windows installation otherwise.
Did you manage to fix this? I got the same issue
jcsbanks

Post by jcsbanks »

No, not tried changing language. What language are you using?

I have ended up writing a plugin, not because of this but as a better solution.
pahlok

Post by pahlok »

jcsbanks wrote:No, not tried changing language. What language are you using?

I'm using GB/UK English
pahlok

Post by pahlok »

pahlok wrote:
jcsbanks wrote:No, not tried changing language. What language are you using?

I'm using GB/UK English
Tried US English but same issue, as soon as I try to open an XDF I get the message "stopped working"
turboxb12r

Post by turboxb12r »

Did anyone ever solve this im having the same issue. tunerpro stops working as soon as i try and load xdf
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

The issue described here has nothing to do with loading XDFs.

If you see a crash loading an XDF, best to email me the files I need and instructions to reproduce the issue.

Regarding the original issue (crashing when entering the custom tools configuration), I haven't been able to reproduce this, but it seems to have to do with language settings. I'll try again and fix what I find.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
turboxb12r

Post by turboxb12r »

i switched to version 4.14 and everything works just fine maybe ill try and reinstall version 5 and see if it works then. also it would crash trying to do a few different things but this is the first time ever using the program so im not totally sure what else would crash it
soultrain

Post by soultrain »

I just started using the program, and have experienced the same issue of crashing when trying to edit a custom tool. I'm on Windows 10 Home 64 bit. I have tried RT v5.00.9107 and v5.00.8853. I initially downloaded the non-RT version of the program, and was able to edit a custom tool. Then I realized I needed the RT version, and installed that. After that both versions crash any time I click on the box within the edit tools popup. None of the other tabs in the preferences dialog cause it to crash. I've tried re-installing multiple times to no avail. I've tried legacy versions; those didn't work.

The custom tool I initially set up is for flashing Motronic 4.4 ECUs. The tool itself works. The name and settings for the custom tool were retained through all the re-installs. Would removing those references potentially help? How is that information retained through the removal of the program?

Let me know if there's anything else I can answer for you. Any help you can offer would be much appreciated!