Multistrada 1100

Discuss Ducati tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.
Schrammi

Multistrada 1100

Post by Schrammi »

Hello,

i want to modify the maps of my Ducati Multistrada 1100 (IAW5AM).
Now i'm looking for .xdf-File.
Do anyone have suche a file?

best regards
Jens

P.S.: A bin-file of a Standard ECU and a DP-ECU i have.
Johnny1100

Post by Johnny1100 »

Jens,

Funny, I was just working on a XDF file when I saw your email. Personal message me your email and I will send you what I have. I have located the fuel maps, ignition maps, and RPM limits. I have not been able to locate the lambda flags. The best XDF file I have is from a Monster S4RS which looks like it has the same parameters as the Multistrada 1100.

Do you have a BIN file from a DP-ECU? Do you mind sending that to me in return?

Thanks, JB
Schrammi

Post by Schrammi »

Hello JB,

thanks a lot for the .XDF-File.
But i think the adresses of Lambda1 and Lambda 2 are 1 byte higher.
Do you know the meaning of "Fuel Phase", "Correction Throttle positive movement" & "Correction Throttle negative movement"?

Thanks
Jens
Johnny1100

Post by Johnny1100 »

Jens,

Interesting, I have another XDF for a SC1000 that has the two Lambda flags at 4D145 and 4D146. Is the correct location for the flags? The XDF I sent you has them located at 4D144 and 4D145.

Also the SC1000 XDF has the Immobilizer flag at 4D144, can you confirm that that is the correct location for that flag in the Multistrada?

You can download that XDF at http://www.ducati.ms/forums/77-sport-cl ... iag-3.html

I think "fuel phase" relates to enriching the fuel momentarily when you increase the throttle. It basically temporarily adds to your main fuel table when you add throttle.

Not sure about the "Correction Throttle negative movement"--I think that is to fine tune the throttle position, but I could be wrong.

Could I get a copy of your DP-ECU Bin?

Thx, JB
Schrammi

Post by Schrammi »

Hi,

yes Lambda at 4D145 and 4D146 is correct. How can i confirm that 4D144 is the flag for immobilizer?
I will sent you the DP-BIN in the evening.

ciao
Jens
Johnny1100

Post by Johnny1100 »

Jens,

I reflashed with your DP .BIN and my bike runs much better, particularly at low rpm. I no longer get a lot of popping.

I have not tried any manual edits using TunerPro yet. Do I need to run a checksum after making edits using TunerPro?

Thx, JB
Schrammi

Post by Schrammi »

Hi Johnny,

i diddn't have run a checksum. I've saved the .bin and then i've written the file with the "guzziwriter" to the ECU.

What's about your fuel-consumption with the DP-File?

I'm now riding with a own .bin, it's a middle from the DP and the std.-bin.

My next project ist logging of Lambda, Throttle, temprature and RPM while i'm riding the bike. I think then i can optimize the mappings much better.

Ciao
Jens
Johnny1100

Post by Johnny1100 »

Schrammi wrote:How can i confirm that 4D144 is the flag for immobilizer?
This weekend I confirmed that the immo flag is at 4D144. I turned it off and was able to start the bike with a chipless key.

My only problem now is the the dash reverts to EU (kph/C) every couple of days. I turn it back to US (mph/F) but it keeps changing every couple days. Any thoughts on how to fix that?

So far my fuel consumption is about the same with the DP map. I had a FatDuc (lambda spoofer) on so extra fuel was already being added at low rpm, but its smoother now. The dash says 44 miles per gallon, but I'm not sure I trust that.
Schrammi

Post by Schrammi »

Hi Johnny,

thanks for confirming the imm-flag.

I don't have an idea about the problem with the dashboard.
Can you compar my std.-bin and your us-std-bin? I think there must be a difference.

ciao
Jens
Johnny1100

Post by Johnny1100 »

That's a good idea. Could you email me your stock .BIN?
Schrammi wrote:Hi Johnny,

Can you compar my std.-bin and your us-std-bin? I think there must be a difference.
Schrammi

Post by Schrammi »

Mail is on the way.
Johnny1100

Post by Johnny1100 »

Got it! Thanks.

I see some leads. But i'll need to do a few reflashes to test it out.

I'll report back if I learn anything interesting.
Schrammi wrote:Mail is on the way.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Don't keep us waiting :)
I have a MTS1100 and would like to keep the stock exhaust for financial/legal reasons.
The DP firmware is optimised for the Termi exhaust and free flowing air filter.
I would mod the air filter case.
Any "in between" firmwares? For the stock exhaust?
bob8080

Post by bob8080 »

I'd appreciate any DP image, apart from the one that's out in the wild. I think that's the one for full airbox + exhaust mod (and maybe DP cams, who knows).
Also I'm having the 1000/1100 dash problem after the first ecu upload.
A 2008 dash dump would be of very big help. Maybe just edit out the security codes.