XDF's, special BIN's and other oddities.

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Skysurfer

XDF's, special BIN's and other oddities.

Post by Skysurfer »

Hello all,
I'm new to this and jumping in with both feet. Finally getting around to playing with my 1990 Beretta GTZ after 15 years, my father has been exploring the GM ECM's for a long time. Well at least once I get the fuel system worked over... last tagged in 05 and has been sleeping in the garage since 12.
Anyway the popular thing to do to the Quad 4's is to swap in the W41 cams and MEMCAL. The cam's are hard to come by so I just want to play with the special program for these show room racers with the stock Quad HO. What I'm coming up against is I can look at the stock 90 GTZ program ANFU with 8B XDF but the 91 Olds SCX program AXRM doesn't line up. In my whirlwind of trying to come up to speed I saw somewhere it needs 8A XDF. At a glance it looks like the data is shifted but it may be a bit more in depth than that. If anyone can help point me in a direction I should be looking it would be much appreciated. At this point I'm just looking around, writing an XDF is a bit out of reach for the time being.
Austin
Skysurfer

Post by Skysurfer »

Oppp yep found a $A8 xdf on another forum shortly after posting... looks to have the data in the right places.
Now is there a way to compare parameters from files needing different XDF's?
Austin