Newbie needs to write to GM calibration

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

wysiwyg111

Newbie needs to write to GM calibration

Post by wysiwyg111 »

Dear All:

Thanks for this nifty forum. I look forward to participating. I have just entered the world of flashing, tuning, and car computers.

I have a "1997 Pontiac Grand AM L4-144 2.4L DOHC VIN T SFI 4 door auto SE body" which has been mine for about 6 months. I do not think that my car has been flashed before. When I went to get her smogged, she didn't pass because of a DTC P030X (misfire in one of the cylinders). Also, I was having some issues with the Passlock anti-theft system. She passed the tailpipe test and a mechanic friend of mine said it was running very well and didn't see to be misfiring. When I was researching the Passlock, I came across the world of tuning and flashing which I find very interesting. I ended up on the GM TIS website where I found that the is an updated calibration file that I would like to flash.

The data on this is:
GM Vehicle Calibration Information (selected calibration) VIN: 1G2NE52T1VC748794
Controller: PCM/VCM Powertrain/Vehicle Control Module Function: Programming
Calibration History for: Control Module
Part Number Cal.ID# CVN Bulletin # Description
16259913 16259694 N/A -
New calibration to correct an EST problem. Also relaxes misfire diagnostics to prevent false setting of DTC P0300.
16254913 16254754 N/A - Supercession - Software upgrade containing class II fixes
16251023 16250886 N/A - Supercession - correct EGR diagnostic problem
16250523 16250506 N/A - Control module calibration

So, at this point, all I want to do is to flash this update into my PCM. I would be very interested in learning more with this as my introduction into Auto Flashing and Tuning. I do not yet have any software or hardware, but wish to do this and welcome any help. Thank you very much.

Regards, wysiwyg111