ALDL cable not working issue

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

smaddock

ALDL cable not working issue

Post by smaddock »

I've been using Tunerpro to play with my car's tune for a while now. It's only recently I decided to try out Tunerpro RT to see how good it is at ALDL logging, so I could decide whether to invest in the Ostrich Eprom Emulator and use Tunerpro RT to its full capability.
I have an ALDL cable that I built myself using a design off the internet (can't remember where I got it from) and is based around the MAX232 chip. The problem is Tunerpro RT can not seem to 'see' the cable, and no data is retrieved. I've tried different COM settings and other settings, but nothing seems to work. I've used the cable successfully from the same computer using different software (EFILive for example) and it works without an issue.
The *.ads file I put together myself using the same data from EFILive, but am not sure if it correct. I have attached it if anyone wanted to see it (actually, I don't know how to attach a file, so email me at maddock :dot: simon :at: gmail :dot: com :dot: au
Should Tunerpro RT work with all MAX232 cables? Or could there be an issue with mine?

Thanks,
Simon
smaddock

Post by smaddock »

Actually, I have now gotten Tunerpro to connect to the ALDL, but am not getting any data. The problem was I had the payload size set to 64 instead of 63.
But still, there is no data coming in. The command string I'm sending is F4, 56, 01 which should dump the ALDL data but doesn't seem to be. If anyone has any idea, pls help :(

Thanks.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

What vehicle?
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
smaddock

Post by smaddock »

Mangus wrote:What vehicle?
Oops, sorry, thought I mentioned that :oops:

Its a Holden VS Commodore with a VR Auto ECU fitted. The ECU code is 16176424, and not sure if its relevant or not, but the mask is $11.

I haven't been able to find a *.ads file for it, but did make my own using the ALDL definitions from the EFILive software.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Can you send me bot the EFI live definition and the ADS you created? I'll take a look and verify that it is correct.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am