Errors communicating with vehicle

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Rustybeast

Errors communicating with vehicle

Post by Rustybeast »

Hello everyone!! This is my first time using this program. Ive used some others with OBDII software.

I have a 94 suburban 350 TBI and when I connect to it while the key is on vehicle not running it connects fine. I can see all my sensor data while monitoring. But when I start the vehicle all the sensor values jump wildly and the program tells me it is getting errors. Shutting the engine off and leaving the key on and all returns to normal. I've done some searching and have not come up with anything so hopefully someone can help.

I've tried messing with settings and changing around com ports I case it's a computer problem but nothing seems to affect it. I bought this cable from 1320 electronics on eBay.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/12-Pin-ALDL-USB-O ... 6880232017
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

What ADS or ADX definition file are you using?
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Rustybeast

Post by Rustybeast »

Wow, thanks for replying!! I guess I wasn't subscribed to my own thread. I've tried a few different ones. All from this site listed for 94-95 truck and this ECM 16197427. On a side note I took the truck to my brothers house to use his snap on scanner and it wouldn't communicate with the truck either.

This is the first one I tried http://www.tunerpro.net/download/bindef ... 4_v200.xdf
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Check your ALDL wiring in the vehicle, and ensure that you're not in limp home mode (no check engine light, engine running reasonably). If the Snap-On doesn't connect, I don't expect that TunerPro will.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Rustybeast

Post by Rustybeast »

Yea, that's where I'm at. It's not in limp mode and is running fine aside from an intermittent stumble. Just weird it communicates fine when not running. Is it possible it could be a problem with the chip? I've changed the computer with another known good one but don't have a spare chip to try.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

It's unlikely to be the chip.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
xnke

Post by xnke »

I have a very similar problem with a completely different ECU/ADX, and I *cannot* make it go away.

For me, a different scanning program works fine, but Tunerpro just has wild garbage data.

Have you tried any other datalogging programs with it?