Checksum update failed, and a few other notes.

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Fierobsessed

Checksum update failed, and a few other notes.

Post by Fierobsessed »

Iv'e been having a problem with TP RT 5.00.8853.00
Windows 10 on a 64 bit I7.

When I open TP, it defaults to the last bin/xdf of course.

but if I go and hit save bin, I'll get an error
"Error - One or more checksums could not be updated. Check checksum addressing, etc, for validity"

If I just simply open the very same XDF that I currently have loaded, it will save and update the checksum just fine.

What I've noticed, is that when I "Edit" the checksum (under View/Edit XDF header info) when I first open TP, the two fields "Plug-in Module" and "Calculator" are blank, and the drop downs for them contain nothing,

Side note, any changes in the checksum tab do fail to un grey out OK and Apply. Also, changes to the math of an XDF scalar has the same issue,

If I just simply reload the same XDF manually, the checksum has its two drop downs correctly filled in, and the checksum updates exactly as expected.

Another issue, since I changed to windows 10, If I go to open a bin file. the expected select file dialog will appear. But if the name of the currently loaded bin file is not present in the directory that comes up, This will appear
"File nameXXX.bin
This file does not exist.

Create the file?"

And it will do this every time you change directories looking for your bin. So its a bit annoying.

I did do a re-install and all these issues still persist. However, the issue with the checksum started seemingly out of the blue last week.

Thanks!
88' Fiero GT 3.4 DOHC F40 6 speed GT3582R running on $8F.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Thanks. I'll look into these.

Can you email me the XDF, bin, and custom checksum plugin you're using? I'm unable to reproduce the issue with blank checksum plugin info when the last XDF is automatically loaded.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Fierobsessed

Post by Fierobsessed »

Not sure what you mean by custom Checksum Plugin exactly. It will come up with "TunerPro Default Checksum Plug-in" and calculator is "sum" but only when I reload the same xdf, otherwise its blank when I open the program.

Either way, my def, bin and daq were E-mailed.
88' Fiero GT 3.4 DOHC F40 6 speed GT3582R running on $8F.