Newb to tuning- mefi4 running on a 5.3 LM7 in a 91 k5 blazer

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Zoomad

Newb to tuning- mefi4 running on a 5.3 LM7 in a 91 k5 blazer

Post by Zoomad »

Hi all. As the title says I'm working on a 91 k5 blazer that a buddy and I have swapped in a 2001 LM7 5.3 engine. I'm running it on a mefi4 of controller with a custom harness. It is running on a baseline bin file for a 6.0l. Starts and runs OK, but does stumble just off idle.

Given the tune I'm running I'm sure it's running rich. Here is where my problem starts. I did a trade to get the harness and controller. My buddy that I got it from is letting me use the laptop he had set up to data log and tune. It's and old laptop running early versions of tunerpro and scannerpro along with mefiburn. It all still works with the supplied cables to hook up to the truck from mefiburn. Naturally a Windows 2000 based machine is horribly slow and the battery won't stay charged to allow for data logging without running an inverter in the truck.

So I've downloaded tunerpro RT onto my newer laptop in hopes to do the data logging and tuning on it. Problem is tunerpro rtis not seeing the cable plugged into the laptop much less the truck. My laptop sees the cord plugged in, but the software won't. I've played with the settings and can't seem to get it. What am I doing wrong?

I'm going g to need more help with the tune but I can't even get to talk to it yet.
cbernhardt

Post by cbernhardt »

I also have the MEFI Burn software suite running on an old Dell laptop running Windows XP. I tried TunerPro RT and had the same problem as you. I could load the old ScannerPro definition file into RT and the gauges would display correctly but it would not communicate with the MEFI controller. I assumed that something in the communication setup needs to be changed, but never discovered what. I posted a similar question on this forum several years ago and never received any replies.
http://forum.tunerpro.net/viewtopic.php ... highlight=