Categories - more than 256 causes error when XDF is loaded

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

hassmaschine

Categories - more than 256 causes error when XDF is loaded

Post by hassmaschine »

So at first I thought it was something I did. I posted something about in the "feature suggestions" here:
http://tunerpro.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3837
http://tunerpro.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2756

Now that I look more closely, I think it's a bug.

If you create up to 256 categories, it works fine (saving and loading). category 256 corresponds with hex 0xFF.

if you create more than 256 categories, it works fine while saving. However, once you open the XDF again, any categories beyond 256 wrap around to the beginning.

So category 0x100 becomes 0x00, 0x101 becomes 0x01, 0x102 becomes 0x02, etc. it must ignore everything except the last 2 digits.

Here are 3 example files which show the error:

This one is with exactly 256 categories (works fine saving & loading).

This one is when I created more than 256. It saved fine.

This is #2, but after it was opened again in TunerPro. Any categories beyond 256 (0x100) wrap around to the beginning.
hassmaschine

Post by hassmaschine »

edit: I was mistaken. There was an improvement (it doesn't wrap around and mess up the order like it did before) but it still clips it at 300 categories. The file I have has 1218 categories, so basically it cuts off 1/4 of the maps (or 3/4 of them are in the wrong category).

this is pretty frustrating. maybe in the next version it could finally support more than an arbitrary number of categories?
would just like to report that this error appears to be fixed in the latest version (I haven't been working on this in a while, so I didn't realize there was an update in November until today).