Who Needs An ADS or ADX?

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Mayday69

Post by Mayday69 »

Fantastic. Thanks mate. I will send him a pm
Mayday69

Post by Mayday69 »

Thanks for that information. I tried sending him a PM but no response as yet
JTL

Post by JTL »

I'm looking for an adx file for my 1991 GMC R3500 7.4L 4L80e automatic. I believe the $85.xdf is correct file, but there is no adx to go with it. Is there anything else I need to add? I'm new to tuning and so far getting overwhelmed at the learning curve. I'm still just trying to data log for a while before I tear into the ECU to rechip it.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

A138
A150

those are two definitons that apply to your truck, 138 is more or less the engine half of the PCM and 150 is the transmission half.

you'll find both ADS files here, which you can convert to ADX pretty easily, just have to perform a slight change to the reply settings for the given datastreams.

http://tunerpro.net/gmOBDI.htm
JTL

Post by JTL »

So I have to run both of those at the same time? Or just one at a time?
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

choose which one you want to monitor/interact with and select that ADX.

if you really wanted to, the streams could be combined to have all data streaming at all times, but that's a bit extreme for most people's needs.
loggerbear46

Chevy S-10 Blazer

Post by loggerbear46 »

I need the definitions for the Chevy S-19 Blazer 4.3L. Can't seem to find it. Please help! Thank you so much in advance!
Larry Granger,
Florence, MT
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

need to know year, exact engine code and possibly an ECM part number if those two don't narrow it down.
loggerbear46

93 Chevy S-10 definition

Post by loggerbear46 »

Okay, sorry to bother you again. My husband will look up the engine code and I'll get back to you.
loggerbear46

engine Codes and Years

Post by loggerbear46 »

The 91 is 4.3 and the engine code is z.

The 92 is a 2.8 and the engine code is R.

The 93 is a 4.3 and the engine code is W.

The 94 is a 4.3 and the enine code is W.

Hopefully there are definitions for these. As you can see my husband loves his S-10 Blazers.

I had already downloaded and imported the 94-95 C/K truck that was mentioned in the you tube video but I couldn't find any others.

Thank you so much for all the help you can give.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

the 91 could have a 1227747, 1228062 or 16144288 ECM. ADS/ADX file needed will depend on which ECM is being used. should be hidden under the dash on the passenger side, not sure if it will be in the kick panel or just tucked under/behind the glovebox, been a while since I've been in a squarebody S10 and looked for the ECM.

the 92 should have a 1228062 ECM, which uses the A040 definition.

93 and 94 could have one of a few ECMs as well, have to find the part numbers on them as well, I believe the same location as 91/92.
willingtotry

Post by willingtotry »

Looking for datastream def file for 1994, L35, ecu 16196395.
Memcal BHRH. (have a downloaded .bin)
1994 Sonoma, 4.3L, Vin W (cpi), transmission RPO M30, 4L60E.
I have tried importing the A178.ds file into TP, and created a .adx file, some items seem to read, most don't.
I believe there is supposed to be a $0DA def file that I need (from TunerPro XDF and ADX Look up.xls), but I can't find it.
DataMaster seems to have a working variation, but not an stand alone def file that I can find.
Would appreciate the help.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

msattler

Post by msattler »

Need help with my application.
1990 Olds Cutlass Ciera. 2.5l 4cyl Iron Duke. Single TBI. ECU 1227748.
I see one listing for the 1227748, but it says it's for a 2.2l.
And the bin says TBD.
If I am not supplying enough info, please advise. I am new to this.

Can you help me?
Thank you
msattler

Post by msattler »

It seems that this software has been abandoned.
No support. I recognize that it is freeware.
Sad, I was looking forward to playing with it, but I cannot without knowing that I have the right keys to make it work correctly.

I hope that the original author, Robert is doing well and maybe not still unemployed, as his sig says.

Best wishes to all.
chrissnow

Mefi 4

Post by chrissnow »

Hi,

does anyone have a definition for a MEFI 4?

would be greatly appreciated if anyone does :-)
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

msattler wrote:Need help with my application.
1990 Olds Cutlass Ciera. 2.5l 4cyl Iron Duke. Single TBI. ECU 1227748.
I see one listing for the 1227748, but it says it's for a 2.2l.
And the bin says TBD.
If I am not supplying enough info, please advise. I am new to this.

Can you help me?
Thank you
msattler wrote:It seems that this software has been abandoned.
No support. I recognize that it is freeware.
Sad, I was looking forward to playing with it, but I cannot without knowing that I have the right keys to make it work correctly.

I hope that the original author, Robert is doing well and maybe not still unemployed, as his sig says.

Best wishes to all.
the 7748 is an oddball in most aspects, and of course I've been asked about it many times, I've made test files but I don't know how any of them have ever turned out. if you want to pursue it further, i'll see if I have any of those files still around or if they've disappeared into the maelstrom.

also, I'm not the author of the program, that's entirely Mark's gig, I just try and help out with stuff I can handle.

chrissnow wrote:Hi,

does anyone have a definition for a MEFI 4?

would be greatly appreciated if anyone does :-)
another application that comes up a lot... I've got a MEFI3 file in my archive, but I have no idea how similar it is or of how much use it would be.
msattler

Post by msattler »

Leave it to me to have the odd duck....LOL.
I would like to give it a go if you think you may have some files that could work. Dunno if there is anything I can do to help you.
Mark
msattler

Post by msattler »

Well....LOL.
A couple of weeks later and I am still waiting for Robert to perhaps stop by and advise if he has found those files in his archives.

I am a patient man......

Any luck there, Robert?

Or am I dead in the water for my dear Olds?
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

hard to find time to get anything significant done during the week, not enough time. if you can post here again or send a PM on sunday, i'll see what I can find.
msattler

Post by msattler »

robertisaar wrote:hard to find time to get anything significant done during the week, not enough time. if you can post here again or send a PM on sunday, i'll see what I can find.
No worries, Robert. I do understand.
Working 12 hour shifts and an extra day myself.
I'll keep checking back from time to time, so do what you can when you are able to.
And thank you for the reply, much appreciated just to know it's on your back burner.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

okay, somehow I remembered to actually check this thread, I have some info:

A097 appears to be the correct stream for a 90 2.5 a-body, the 7748 appears to put out a continuous 160 baud datastream whether anything is connected to the ALDL line or not. it can be put into an 8192 baud mode, but the document doesn't specify how(almost certainly a 10K resistor from ALDL pins A-B). in this way, it acts a bit like the 1227165 as used in the 86-89 TPI cars.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7f7ta1w95pkxm77/A097.zip?dl=0

that should have a V4 and V5 file, though it's hard to say how well either will work, it's not a communication scheme I'm used to.
clindop

95 gmc 4.3 automatic need files for tunerpro rt

Post by clindop »

Having trouble with tunerpro rt. I have a 95 gmc sonoma sls with 4.3 and automatic. New to this and cant find the right files i need. thanks
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

you may have an early OBD2 application, you would need to describe the PCM, take a picture of it or at least grab part numbers off of it to see what exactly you have of the ~3 PCMs that were used on 95 4.3 S-trucks.
clindop

Post by clindop »

thanks robert. the ecm is #16197427. its a vin Z. 95 sonoma 4.3 auto. Truck wont shift out of second gear so im trying to find out how to see the trouble codes using tunerpro RT. any help is greatly appreciated. i can do the work myself but just dont know how to track down the reason it wont shift out of second. 1-2 is fine but 3-4 wont engage. im thinking the 1-2 shift celinoid might be bad but dont want to drop the pan until i can find out.

oh and ya it has obd 1 computer with the ob2 computer plug
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

having a 7427 is good news for you, they are easily the most accessible units. I believe all of the $0D stuff is directly usable, though they're usually setup for V8 calibrations.
clindop

Post by clindop »

ok i got tunerpro working. its throwing code 98 and 99 saying ecm incorrectly coded on both codes so now im not sure what to do. desperate for help so i can get back to work. thanks
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

i'm not seeing codes 98 or 99 as being valid for your application...

digging a little deeper, your truck should be using A217 or A218, depending on which streams you want access to, codes 98 and 99 don't exist in the stream either. I think you've grabbed the wrong ADX.

here is a combo of A217 and A218, these should useful to you. A217 is primarily engine related while A218 is primarily transmission related.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1in276i5peegn ... 8.zip?dl=0
clindop

Post by clindop »

Thanks robert i was wondering if i had the wrong files. I will change them and try again this morning. thank you so much!
clindop

bin file

Post by clindop »

installed the correct files but cant get the bin file to work. keeps saying failed to load unrecognized encoding (parser does not support utf-8 language encodings. this is pissing me off

even the ones that come with it and the one from code 59.org. Help please. im pulling my hair out on this one
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

for just datalogging, you won't need a BIN or XDF, just an ADX file.
iaff284

MEFI 3 XDF

Post by iaff284 »

I am in need of an xdf file for a 16236999 ECM. Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Olaf

Post by Olaf »

I don't think you will find a free XDF for an MEFI 3 ECM.

MEFI Burn sells a basic MEFI tuning package for $595. It is based on the TunerPro platform.
Axman

Post by Axman »

Looking for some help with a 93 Corvette 16159278 $DA2, BDBK, chip reads 5224
I am using the Moates Ostrich and ALDL and having trouble with live data feature, acts like a corrupt ADX, ADS file. Dregged up some early conversations (09-10era) here that seem to be what I am up against.
Anyone have any experiance or knowledge about this set up would greatly be appreciated.
Radiounity

Post by Radiounity »

Hello Robert,

Thanks for your dedication to this project!

I have two identical 1995 Buick Lesabre's, the ECM/PCM's are #16183247 with BMYU EPROM/Memcal plugins. I an having issues with the MIL coming on and I have swapped or replaced every sensor/part on the engine with no change, it may be a ground problem?

What I think I need is a "A-221" definition file, can you help?, I just need to see the live data and/or trouble codes.

Thanks!
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

A221 is accurate if you have a Series I 3800(95 had both series I and series II engines in the H-cars). the BMYU MEMCALs should be for series I engines though.

I uploaded this a couple months ago, I don't think I received any feedback about it though.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ywfpagorua8qpwb/A221.adx?dl=0
Radiounity

Post by Radiounity »

Thanks, Robert!,

The cars have series 1 engines, so now I should be able to see what is triggering the "Check Engine" lamp.

Now all I need to do is make up a proper interface cable, I have some Cisco router/switch console cables W/genuine FTDI FT-232rl chips in them, they are USB to RJ-45 RS232, I understand the only pins I need is Tx,Rx and ground, I have heard that the GM ALDL protocol is 8192 Baud, bidirectional, no start bit, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit with no parity at TTL levels. Can you confirm this?

Also, to use the .ADX file, do you just put it in the TunerPro directory?

Thanks for sticking with this endeavour, as you know, ALDL cars are pretty much EOL, I see many '94-'95 OBD 1.5 cars in very good cosmetic condition at the self-serve wrecking yards, one had less than 20k on the odometer, I wonder if this is due to the fact that only the dealer could pull the codes out of them?

I will give you feedback on my experience using the A221 file as soon as I get the cable made up. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I really didn't expect such a rapid response.

Thanks again, I will be purchasing TunerPro as soon as I get useful data from it,
John
WB6TTY
Simon G

Post by Simon G »

Hi

I'm all new to this stuff. But I want to use aldldroid with my GM ECM. But I cant seem to find the right adx-file. My ecm is 16144288 and the kdx can be found here: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inject ... rmation-AO

Can anyone help me with getting an adx?

/Simon
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

Radiounity wrote:Thanks, Robert!,

The cars have series 1 engines, so now I should be able to see what is triggering the "Check Engine" lamp.

Now all I need to do is make up a proper interface cable, I have some Cisco router/switch console cables W/genuine FTDI FT-232rl chips in them, they are USB to RJ-45 RS232, I understand the only pins I need is Tx,Rx and ground, I have heard that the GM ALDL protocol is 8192 Baud, bidirectional, no start bit, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit with no parity at TTL levels. Can you confirm this?

Also, to use the .ADX file, do you just put it in the TunerPro directory?

Thanks for sticking with this endeavour, as you know, ALDL cars are pretty much EOL, I see many '94-'95 OBD 1.5 cars in very good cosmetic condition at the self-serve wrecking yards, one had less than 20k on the odometer, I wonder if this is due to the fact that only the dealer could pull the codes out of them?

I will give you feedback on my experience using the A221 file as soon as I get the cable made up. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I really didn't expect such a rapid response.

Thanks again, I will be purchasing TunerPro as soon as I get useful data from it,
John
WB6TTY
USB to RS232 might be a problem.... RS232 voltage levels are a bit out there compared to the 0-5V that the ALDL scheme uses. would need something like a MAX232 to convert levels. if they're actually USB to UART or USB to TTL, then they're fine.
Simon G wrote:Hi

I'm all new to this stuff. But I want to use aldldroid with my GM ECM. But I cant seem to find the right adx-file. My ecm is 16144288 and the kdx can be found here: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inject ... rmation-AO

/Simon
the ADS in there can be converted to ADX using tunerpro V5.
Simon G

Post by Simon G »

robertisaar wrote:
Simon G wrote:Hi

/Simon
the ADS in there can be converted to ADX using tunerpro V5.
But don't I need the RT version for that?

/Simon
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

yes, I'm just stating that it's a built-in function of the software itself.
Simon G

Post by Simon G »

OK... But I dont have the RT version and I am to cheap to buy it, so if someone could help me converting it I would be thankful

Edit: I have solved it!
Tinbender59

Post by Tinbender59 »

robertisaar have you done anything with LT1 Camaro that has had a 4L80E installed instead of the 4L60E?? I've been told that there is a bit that needs to be flipped so that a solenoid is off to work??? I have the wiring changes that need to be done but the software information is really hard to obtain. Thanks
gtgenter

1994 olds cutlass supreme 3.1 adx needed

Post by gtgenter »

Need adx file for 1994 olds cutlass supreme 3.1L V6
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

bill70j

Post by bill70j »

Do you have something for a 1994 B-Body (Buick Roadmaster) for Acquisition?

OBD1-12 pin
LT-1
4L60-E
PCM 16188051

I have the ALDL-USB cable purchased from aldlcable, which I had been using successfully with TTS Datamaster. Now am switching to TunerPro

Tried finding OBD1 datastream definition (A276) but there is no link.

Then tried EE.xdf and EE_Auto.adx, but I cannot connect, even though cable is assigned to a com port.

Thanks for your help!
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inject ... ion-EE-EEB

there may have been more/better definitions released since 2014, but I'm not nearly as up to date on EE than some people on gearhead-efi.
bill70j

Post by bill70j »

robertisaar wrote:http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inject ... ion-EE-EEB

there may have been more/better definitions released since 2014, but I'm not nearly as up to date on EE than some people on gearhead-efi.
OK. Thanks!!
TheDougO

Looking for A263.ads file

Post by TheDougO »

Robert et al,
Do you happen to still have a copy of the A263.ads file, I have spend a few days trying to locate one but have been unsuccessful, been finding mostly dead links. Any help one this would be great, thanks in advance!

- Doug
robertisaar wrote:that's an old post, Isaac hasn't been on 60V6 much lately if at all...

http://www.tunerpro.net/gmOBDI.htm

what you need is the A263 file, which i haven't uploaded to Mark yet, but i do have finished.

http://www.wikifortio.com/780398/A263.ads

for now, this file will be here for the next week or so, then it will be deleted. i should be able to send the next batch of them to Mark aroud that time as well.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »