Multiple Addresses for a single Scalar

Discuss Ford tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

ironmanisanemic

Multiple Addresses for a single Scalar

Post by ironmanisanemic »

Hello,

I am currently helping to fix the CDAN4 XDF over on Decipha's site, and i ran into a snag.

Im not well versed in def creation especially with tunerpro. So correct me if this cannot be done.

In the CDAN4 strat, there are scalars that have the same value located in multiple spots where they need to be changed together. I know in a different program i can just add all of the addresses seperated by a comma and i was good. In TP i havent figured out how to do this same thing. If i add more than one address it doesnt lookup properly.

Hopefully it is something simple i have overlooked, and i did try searching, and looking at the help files within TP with no luck.

Thank you
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

You need to create a scalar for each memory address.
ironmanisanemic

So there is no trick to having more than one address modified under 1 scalar? Otherwise for something like the SARCHG (CID displacement) there are 7 references (that i know of) to the same value in the bin. It would suck to have to enter the same value 7 times. If there is no way, then i can live with it, but it just sucks.
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

There's no way of doing it that I'm aware of. If you think SARCHG is a hassle wait until you find others like NUMEGO with 40 plus locations.
ironmanisanemic

Yeah that really sucks. Im mainly trying to cleanup the XDF so its usable and easier to find things. I dont know Ford Assembly so im only going by whats in the free XLS for BE. It looks like it was ported over initially but then abandoned. Would i be able to enlist your help in developing this def further?
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

Sorry, no, I already have too many other things that occupy my time.