race tune for BMW S50 413 silver label

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

m3phil

race tune for BMW S50 413 silver label

Post by m3phil »

Hi, I am working on a race car tune for my 95 M3 silver label 413 DME. I have the stock chip, and a tuner chip, but am looking to tune the car for the racetrack. First off, I am switching to the large Euro bosch HFM and am looking for a bin for it. Does anyone have one? my email is m3phil88@gmail.com

Then, I would like to tune for a large throttle body, cams, intake, and full race exhaust. If anyone has a starting point bin that would be great, or any other tips. I will probably bump the rev limit up to around 7400. Is there enough resolution to run that high? Any way to re-scale the axis?

Also, anyone know if it is possible to change the vanos switching point?

Thanks!
evilm3666

Post by evilm3666 »

All of that is possible. Start doing research.
m3phil

Post by m3phil »

Yep, been doing a bunch of research. I got the Ostrich 2.0 working with TunerPro and was able to emulate and change map parameters and it seems to work sometimes.

I used the M50_S50_DME413_silverLbl.xdf in the downloads section. I was able to change the "0xD972 Idle Fuel Map" and that worked. But when I went to try and change the idle speed, the only one that was emulated was 0xD972 Idle Fuel Map, but changing those values didn't change the idle speed. Bummer.

When changing to the large HFM, do I change the "0xD292 Mass Air Flow Sensor Table K.G. HR" map?

To change the VANOS switching point, do I change the "0xD5E8 Vanos, PT, actuator dwell -retarded- (8x8)" map?
evilm3666

Post by evilm3666 »

pm me your email address and I can send you a more complete xdf.
m3phil

Post by m3phil »

PM sent, it is m3phil88@gmail.com, thanks.
evilm3666

Post by evilm3666 »

Please make sure the bin file chip number matches the xdf you are using. You can check the chip number in Tunerpro by going under tables and opening DME chip number table and see what the last three digits are and make sure it matches the xdf. For tuning VANOS you want to use tables "Vanos, MAX Load for retard" and "Vanos, MIN Load for advance"

There are notes for some of the tables that you can see by hovering over the tab for that table.