tuning a 7427

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

jgarner

tuning a 7427

Post by jgarner »

just bought a new project 1991 s10 with a later model 4.3l and 4l60e already swapped in. It has a 7427 with a chip from gmeprom.com. I can read the chip but when I copy it to one of my 27sf512 chips and put it in the computer the engine runs extremely rough and the check engine light comes on. I have tuned my other car with a 7427 and had no problems don't know what Im missing or doing wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated.
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

You may need to offset the binary file when writing to the chip, for more detail see http://support.moates.net/programming-c ... g-offsets/
jgarner

Post by jgarner »

I'll have to look at that the gmeprom chip is a 32k is that normal all the 7427 I've read have been 64k
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

If your binary file is 32k and the'7427 uses a 64k rom then that's your problem. Either the chip you have is only mapping half of the rom to the ecu and using the OE rom for the other half or you are only reading half of it.
jgarner

Post by jgarner »

Ok finally had some time to play with my truck and it looks like I can only read half of the chip from gmeprom downloaded the bdyt bin from gearheadefi burned it to a chip and in my opinion the truck runs better now to get dataloging thanks for your help