Emulation Checksum Update?

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

sciroccoboi16v

Emulation Checksum Update?

Post by sciroccoboi16v »

Hi there,

I am wondering if there is a way to make tunerpro calculate and update checksums when using it in emulation mode? I spent all this time disassembling the code for the Kia sportage engine and Ecu I put in my mazda pickup only to find every time I made a change nothing happened except it would stutter then go into limp.

I figured it was due to checksum problems, spent hours trying to figure out what exactly a checksum was and how it worked (turned out to be pretty simple) found my two checksum blocks and checksums, and now I can change maps and make a difference, but I can't emulate because it won't update the checksums with each upload.

Is there a way to make this happen? I don't know anything about how to disable the checksum routines, and info on this ECU is the scarcest of any I have seen so not really any hope of finding out how to disable it. I read on some post on here about changing mask value to AA. I don't know what a mask value is but I am assuming that is for some GM stuff cause that's the only place searches seem to point to.

I'm wondering if I can link my maps to the checksum somehow?

Hopefully theres a way to do this, turning the truck off re flashing the rom onto the emulator, and re starting each change is SOOOO tedious and slow!

Thanks in advance.

Oh also its a bosch M4.6 ecu from a 2001 Kia sportage 2.0 Gas engine.
bernhard

Re: Emulation Checksum Update?

Post by bernhard »

sciroccoboi16v wrote:I spent all this time disassembling the code...
It is usually sufficient to change the branch address in the routine.
for example bne into beq.
then it works with every checksum, except the right one (for normal).

try to find this branche.

with best regards
bernhard
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

From the drop down menu select "XDF" and then "View/Edit XDF Header Info". On the checksum tab you can create checksum calculations. Use “Save” or “Save As…” before pressing the “Upload” button so that the checksum gets updated along with any changes.