OBDI ALDU Cable not connecting

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

onesexyfiero

OBDI ALDU Cable not connecting

Post by onesexyfiero »

Apologies, total newbie. No idea what I'm doing. I just need to read data on my GM OBDI to set the idle, and the tuner had me get a Moates Xtreme ALDL and TunerPro RT. I set it up and ran the check from Moates' website, and its finding the cable, but i'm just getting "hardware not found."

ECM is a GM 7730. Cable is a 8192 Baud ALDU Cabl 1. Laptop is a window 8 machine. Software is TunerPro RT version 5.

Can anybody help?
onesexyfiero

Post by onesexyfiero »

Well I've been told by Moates that the cable will not be recognized by TunerPro, and that I should manually configure it, which I have. still when I try to connect it just flashes between "connected" and "data error".
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

What ADS or ADX are you using? Assuming you're running TPI with your 7730, you should be using the $8D definition set.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
onesexyfiero

Post by onesexyfiero »

I'm running the adx Sinister Performance, the tuner who burned my chip gave me. The motor is an L32 3.4 60 degree V6 from a '95 Firebird with a Fiero top end. The 7730 is a popular ECM upgrade for these motors.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Well, I'm not familiar with the definition, and the definition could be the source of the issue, assuming your COM port selection is correct in preferences.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

most likely either A1 or 88, I don't know what Ryan works with for 7730/60V6/fiero applications.

if you have a copy of your calibration, you could figure it out without too much trouble. alternatively, you could download and try an 88 and an A1 ADX. I've worked extensively on both of them.

i don't think Moates got stuck with any of the cloned FTDI chips, but the cloned versions act oddly with certain driver versions, I'd consider rolling back to a version that is known to work even with the cloned chips to verify that isn't causing the issue. i have a 2.04.16 install program stashed away specifically because of that problem.
onesexyfiero

Post by onesexyfiero »

Port is correct. Definition is A1. Can someone send/point me to a version I could try?
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

onesexyfiero

Post by onesexyfiero »

Well 5th adx was the charm. Thanks!