95 Chevy S10 2.2 LN2 Scan Data

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

judoman

95 Chevy S10 2.2 LN2 Scan Data

Post by judoman »

Greetings!

I am unable to get scan data on my 1995 Chevy S10 2.2 LN2 engine. This is one of the relatively rare "ODB 1.5" vehicles. Perhaps you can help this poor newb (me) get scan data?

Here's what I've done so far:
  1. Bought the ALDL (GM OBD1) Cable with 16 pin Connector, USB.
  2. Installed the FTDI v2.12 driver so the ALDL cable could talk to my PC.
  3. Installed and ran the ALDL Interface Tester (v2.31) with the cable connected to my PC. The 'fast test' successfully passed at 8192 baud on COM4.
  4. Grabbed TunerPro v5.00.8519 and the A269 ads file from this page, but failed to find the matching xdf file.
  5. Used the cable to connect my PC to the running car, but Tuner Pro does nothing.
My best guess is that I need the XDF file before I can use TunerPro. Is this right or am I missing something silly? Any help would be much appreciated.

With respect,
/jeff
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

You need to convert the .ads into .adx format; see http://support.moates.net/tprtv5-ads-to-adx/

You do not need a .xdf if you are only reading the live data.
judoman

Post by judoman »

Thank you. Your reply was very helpful.

I now have scan data ( :D ) but it's mostly wrong ( :cry: ). I heeded the Body Size guidance of 67 per your link, but it didn't correct the data. Since there were actually two Transmit Data Reply entries in the A269, each with their own Body Size value (66 and 32 respectively), I wondered if another ADS-->ADX conversion error was happening.

To test this, I went back to the v4.14 version of TunerPro RT because it could use the unconverted ADS. Alas, I had the same wrong entries.

Any ideas?

Respectfully,
/Jeff
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

That was my only suggestion. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be able to help.