Trouble getting it to work

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Magnus

Trouble getting it to work

Post by Magnus »

Hello TunerPro Community,

i just recently thought i would take a look at the software, picked up a galletto 1260 off ebay. My issue is that it wont read, I set the com port in the program to be the same as the cable is on my computer, i tried with windows 8.1 and XP and i get the same error, hardware not found.

Any advice would be appreciated, is it maybe the wrong kind of cable? I would like to be able to read from and eventually flash to the car.
dfddfd2

Post by dfddfd2 »

I don't know anything about it, but google found this: Galletto_1260_Flashing_Cable
Magnus

Post by Magnus »

dfddfd2 wrote:I don't know anything about it, but google found this: Galletto_1260_Flashing_Cable
Sorry I didnt explain well enough, i am trying to use that cable with the tunerpro software, I assume by your message that this cable wont work with tunerpro?

Can someone link me a cable that i can use with tunerpro?
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

The hardware detection that you're referring to is for emulators and the Burn1/Burn2 chip burners. Datastream interface cables are never detected that way. For those,

1) They must be standard COM port (serial) cables. Virtual COM ports (e.g. USB->Serial cables, USB converter chips, etc) are fine as well.
2) You must use a datastream definition (ADX) file for the vehicle being monitored.

I don't know anything about your make or model vehicle, or the cable, so that's about all the help I can provide, myself.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am