Help with 200179

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

dougie

Help with 200179

Post by dougie »

Hi to all, while there is an XDF for this ECU on the TP site, it is lacking a lot. I have tried changing the WOT fuel map, this makes no changes to my WOT AFR, I have found another 3 very similar maps and changed all 4 with no change to AFR. I also would like idle fuel map (the one in xdf seems like another WOT map).

If anyone can help I am happy to donate for a comprehensive XDF (even better if someone has one with checksum that I could use with an emulator) as I do not expect some ones time/work for free.

Thanks
revlimit

Post by revlimit »

why don't you develop one sense you are already experimenting with it? That makes sense. Then share it with public.
dougie

Post by dougie »

revlimit wrote:why don't you develop one sense you are already experimenting with it? That makes sense. Then share it with public.
I would like to but beyond my abilities and was hoping someone has done this before?
Borbetier

Post by Borbetier »

Whats that 200179? Is it for the M30B35? I´ve heard that one is very similar to the M20B25...so maybe you can compare the tables?
furthermore, did you reduce the lambda-regulation-value from 128 down to 127 or 126 or even lower?
I think revlimit once said to reduce that value down to 50 or even 0 to change AFR to whatever you want...?!
DmcL

Post by DmcL »

the 179 is motronic 1.3 as is the 173 (M20B25). the only real difference between the two ECU's is the chip inside. remove the chip and they are the same apart from the label on the case with the part number.

you could use a 173 bin file and XDF which is nore commonly available and there are 173 XDF's that are in better "condition" i guess you could say with more maps, more accurate values/map names/descriptions/conversion formula's, etc. only negative side to that is you would be starting off with ignition and fuel values suited to the M20B25 rather than the M30.

i have done a few M30 files for people before and given the time it takes to make an extremely good XDF, even if you already know 90% of the maps and just have to create the tables and input the axis values and whatnot into tunerpro from the raw file data it still takes an eternity. due to that what i ended up doing for people wanting an XDF for their M30 was to take my already excellent 173 XDF and a stock 173 bin file and load up a stock M30 bin file in WinOLS and copy/transfer/interpolate as necessary to make a 173 bin file with stock values of the M30's 179 as it was much quicker that way than making a new XDF given the amount of content in my 173 XDF which id have had to go and do for the 179 as they both have the same maps allbeit with different values and/or axis data and maps in differing locations from the 173.

i just noticed your PM so ill shoot you a reply now.
EthosMotorsports