Windows 8.1 fileopen dialog

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

pauldaytona

Windows 8.1 fileopen dialog

Post by pauldaytona »

I upgraded my desktop from Windows 8.0 to 8.1(x64). Now in tunerpro when I want to open an xdf or bin, when I have the fileopen dialog, as long as I select a file in the directory where I'm in, no problem, but when I select a subdirectory from where I am at the moment, and doubleclick that or choose "open" it does open that subdirectory but at the same time tries to open the last file, marked at the bottom line. That does not work because the file in that line is not in the other subdirectory. Then get errordialog: Select Bin to open: xxxx.bin this file doesn't exist, create the file?
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Hi,

Any chance the files you're trying to open are in the Program Fiiles subdirectory? If so, don't open your files from there (as I believe you'll need admin privs to do so). Instead, store your files on your desktop, your documents folder, off the root of a drive (e.g. "e:\foo\myfile.xdf") or just about anywhere else.

Let me know if that gets you working. If not, a video of your screen during a repro of the behavior would be helpful.

Thanks for the report!

-Mark
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
pauldaytona

Post by pauldaytona »

here is a movie that shows it:
http://youtu.be/kij8jdPzRa8

No does not depend where files are, I have full rights. Files were in same place before upgrade from win 8.0 to 8.1, there it worked
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Could it be a Google Drive issue in 8.1? That's certainly a substantial "unknown" that's in the middle, here.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
pauldaytona

Post by pauldaytona »

Mangus wrote:Could it be a Google Drive issue in 8.1? That's certainly a substantial "unknown" that's in the middle, here.
No unfortunately not. I put a bin file in d:\ browsing to d: and opening gives the error, and after I opend the one in d:\ and browse to c: to open another one, same error.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Alright, I'll take a closer on my 8.1 machine.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
The1

Post by The1 »

i have this issue as well with windows 8.1, like the filename box needs to be cleared when the dialogue opens.
Turbosport

Post by Turbosport »

This is the same as my issue I posted.
The1

Post by The1 »

still same issue here on 8.1 machine with latest 8606 version
Turbosport

Post by Turbosport »

Yes still a real pain
pauldaytona

Post by pauldaytona »

Please Mangus, take another look in it, I have all PC's on windows 10 and all have it.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

pauldaytona wrote:Please Mangus, take another look in it, I have all PC's on windows 10 and all have it.
You're telling me you have this issue on Win10? I run Win10 on all my machines and haven't hit this.

Note that TunerPro uses a standard Windows API to bring up the file open dialog. Windows does all the work to display the box and make it function. Although I am provided a set of parameters which control, at a high level, the functionality, details like this are likely issues in Windows itself.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
richrich

Post by richrich »

pauldaytona wrote:Please Mangus, take another look in it, I have all PC's on windows 10 and all have it.
Agreed. Still get this on all 3 individual Win10 PCs I use.

Thought it would have been fixed by now.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

OK, I can reproduce the issue now. I'm not sure this is something I can fix (again - the open file window is entirely controlled by Windows), but let me look around.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

This is fixed for the next build. =)
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
pauldaytona

Post by pauldaytona »

Mangus wrote:This is fixed for the next build. =)
Glad you have found a solution. Something in windows will have changed.

I can test it before release if you want. Just send me a version
The1

Post by The1 »

just a tickle to see when the next version is coming out? So we can have this issue solved :)
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Sorry for the delay. I'm at the tail end of implementing a more "involved" feature that has me at an inconvenient point to spin a build.

I'll try to get something out in the next week.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Avinitlarge

Post by Avinitlarge »

Im glad for have managed to sort it out, It is So annoying. Looking forward to the next release without this issue
pauldaytona

Post by pauldaytona »

case solved thanks Magnus.