3D graphing

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

81zdan

3D graphing

Post by 81zdan »

I really like the way the new 3D graphing is looking. Are you using direct3D to do it or a different package? I ask because I'm working on a project right now in C# .NET and I am looking at my 3D graphing options.

Dan
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Hi Dan -

The 2D and 3D graphing engine is written from scratch and uses pure GDI. You'll note at the bottom of the main page that I resist use of bloating technologies like MFC and ATL. D3D is definitely more than I need.

Since you're using C#, you have a ton of libraries open to you. C# makes integrating existing technologies much simpler, but at the cost of a ton of overhead and reliance on the .NET framework. This will make your application run poorly on older machines, but also makes your application quick and simple to develop.

Have fun!

Mark
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
81zdan

Post by 81zdan »

Thanks for responding. I'll keep looking into what its going to take. I eventually need to create a movie out of this and be able to look at it from every angle. I found some Direct3D samples already written that I might be able to use as a template. I'm looking into GDI too, thanks for the tip.