Can't access Tunerpro created files from network

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Bmettie

Can't access Tunerpro created files from network

Post by Bmettie »

I have a weird issue, anything that I create in Tunerpro(logs, bins, etc) from my laptop, on my laptop they work fine. But when i connect my laptop to my home network I cannot access anything that tunerpro has created from my desktop computer. I can create all the files I want in the same folder (docs, jpgs, xls,etc) and i can access those no problem. I found the issues when I tried to look at a log file on my desktop with the file on my laptop. I have full permissions on the entire laptop except anything that tunerpro creates. Is there something in TP that I need to change? Thanks in advance.
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

Are you simply trying to access the file remotely, or are you trying to copy it over to the PC?

I know in many programs I use, I have to copy a file over to the local PC in order to actually use it.
Bmettie

Post by Bmettie »

I can't access them remotely or copy them remotely. From the laptop I have full control of everything, I can copy files to/from my desktop with ease, and I can do all that with all other files from my desktop, except tunerpro creations. Whats wierd is that all my old BINs, LOG's, etc are perfectly fine its only new creations. The most recent file I can access is dated 8-14-12. For a test I did a "save as" on my bin and called it something new, and it as well is not accessible remotely. Through process of elimination only the files created by tuner pro are locked up.
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

That's odd. I haven't had any issue copying files over my network, and the files have been as recent as two days ago.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

When trying to look at the log file when its on the server (a different machine), is the same ADX that you used to create the log loaded? If so, is the ADX loaded from a local drive?

I just tried the scenario as I interpret it (I have both the XDL and the matching ADX on a remote drive, opened on my local PC). It works. I found other permutations to be functional as well (log on remote, ADX on local; ADX on remote, log on local), however, I'm probably missing something in your repro.

Can you describe in more detail the way to reproduce this?

Also note:
- Remote drive performance could be a factor. If slow, or intermittently connected, it could conceivably cause this
- If the ADX and XDL are not matched, that could conceivably cause this.
- If the playback PC is a drastically different version than the PC that the log was created on, that could conceivably cause this. For apples to apples, make sure they're the same version (i.e. update to the latest version of RT version 4 or 5, whichever you're using or have licensed).

-Mark
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Bmettie

Post by Bmettie »

"When trying to look at the log file when its on the server (a different machine), is the same ADX that you used to create the log loaded? If so, is the ADX loaded from a local drive? "

Yes it is the same ADX file loaded,and NO its the ADX from the laptop that I have an "offline/sync'd copy" of on my desktop.

Ok to reproduce, I would hook up the laptop in the supra and just go for a drive to record a log(xdl) file. Get back home, take the laptop out of the car and connect to my home network via wireless. Go inside to my desktop, where the AC is, and attempt to open the log file I just created and thats where the issue is. From a windows 7 environment, the log that was just created is not accessible from my desktop, I can see it and look at properties of the file but cant copy, move or open with tunerpro. This is also the case when I do a "save as" on my bin and name it something new. I can copy, move and open in TP, any file that wasn't recently created by TP.

From the laptop I have full control over everything, I can copy logs, bins, etc to my desktop with no issue and then have full access of the file from my desktop.

Whats wierd is in tunerpro if I export the log file to a .csv, I have zero issues with the .csv, from my desktop I can copy, move and open with excel. Then I have to look at the .csv using a different log viewer(which is annoying because I like TP's interface)
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Is the log still open in a TunerPro instance on the laptop? If so, close it and try again.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Bmettie

Post by Bmettie »

Nope, Tunerpro is not even running on either computer.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Bmettie wrote:Nope, Tunerpro is not even running on either computer.
I'm out of ideas. I'm unable to reproduce this.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Bmettie

Post by Bmettie »

Mangus wrote:
Bmettie wrote:Nope, Tunerpro is not even running on either computer.
I'm out of ideas. I'm unable to reproduce this.
I sent you an email, hope it helps

either way, thanks for trying
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

If you see the issue in windows explorer, then the issue is with your sharing permissions. Make sure you have read and write permissions enabled on your share.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Bmettie

Post by Bmettie »

All permissions are correct, I can do anything I want with any other file. Its only an issue with Tunerpro born/created files.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Sorry, I'm unable to reproduce the issue. I believe that it's happening, but without being able to reproduce it, it's difficult for me to help. You could always download Process Monitor from sysinternals.com and filter on tunerpro.exe to see what error the OS is returning when TunerPro attempts to open the file.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am