Air Fuel Ratio value creation in .adx

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

eldoradovette

Air Fuel Ratio value creation in .adx

Post by eldoradovette »

Hello to all - new guy here with what is hopefully a coherent request;
please advise how I can add an Air Fuel Ratio value to the .adx file I'm using with TunerPro RT V5 and Moates ALDU1/CABL1 for datalogging on my 87 Corvette. I'm currently using the 1227165_160 file from the TunerPro website and it doesn't appear to have an Air Fuel value written in.
Thanks in advance.
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

That's because AFR is not an actual data output item, through the ALDL on that and many, if not all of the OBD1 GM ECMs. In stock ECM form, any "AFR" display would be a guess based on narrow band O2 sensor voltages that are more closer to that of a switch, than a scale-able output.

There might be a way to have WBO2 sensor output fed to the ECM and then onto the ALDL, but it usually takes a bin patch and then modifying the ADX to display the values properly.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

referring to target AFR or read AFR?
eldoradovette

Post by eldoradovette »

Thanks to all for responses - it is the actual AFR I was wanting to see.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

then what Six_Shooter stated is the problem you'll run into.

you would need to find a suitable and open A/D channel, patch the code to read it, store it in an open RAM location, then transmit it in place of another value in the ALDL stream.
eldoradovette

Post by eldoradovette »

Thanks fellows
MrMike98

Post by MrMike98 »

http://forum.tunerpro.net/viewforum.php?f=4
i hope that works

the first 2 sticky's will get u going..
Mike
eldoradovette

Post by eldoradovette »

That looks like a really good wintertime project. The last time I had the wye tube off the headers I welded in an extra bung thinking I would eventually do a wide band O2 sensor /AFR gauge - glad I held off buying one as I know what to get now thanks to your reply. Thanks
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

MrMike98 wrote:http://forum.tunerpro.net/viewforum.php?f=4
i hope that works

the first 2 sticky's will get u going..
Mike
Making a dash won't help without also having an Autoprom (AKA APU1) to use those instructions. He has the Xtreme ALDL, AKA ALDU1,
eldoradovette

Post by eldoradovette »

Yup - I understand I need the Moates Autoprom in addition to the LC-1 to make this happen. Thanks for making sure I knew this.